Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Your situation is no more self defense minded than mine.

Making someone land with a literal ton of force on their head can take the situation from multiple attackers to a single attacker due to his accomplice now being in a mild to severe coma.
    I've gotten real big on the Georgian grip for self-defense applications because so many attackers do in fact wear pants or shorts. A non-fully rotated Karberelli will put a tremendous amount of force on the recipients skull.

Let's see if F = ma and the two combatants weight is 100 kilos a piece, the throw happens at 10 meters per second then I believe the force would be 1 **** Ton and that dude is sleeping..... maybe forever. The dude that was with the first is attacker is likely going over Theology due to the physics lesson you just gave the first.
    Hitting somebody with the planet can be potentially fatal, no doubt.
    But, there is also the risk that if you banana peel,
    he who lives by fracturing skulls might end up fracturing his own.
    Plus, if fatal force is absolutely necessary to preserve innocent lives,
    using one's firearm requires one to burn less calories to do so.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Your situation is no more self defense minded than mine.

Making someone land with a literal ton of force on their head can take the situation from multiple attackers to a single attacker due to his accomplice now being in a mild to severe coma.
    I've gotten real big on the Georgian grip for self-defense applications because so many attackers do in fact wear pants or shorts. A non-fully rotated Karberelli will put a tremendous amount of force on the recipients skull.

Let's see if F = ma and the two combatants weight is 100 kilos a piece, the throw happens at 10 meters per second then I believe the force would be 1 **** Ton and that dude is sleeping..... maybe forever. The dude that was with the first is attacker is likely going over Theology due to the physics lesson you just gave the first.
    Sure enough, in fact, when I teach the Georgian/over back/Kashiwazaki/sutemi grip type stuff, a major issue is the ability of uke to take the ukemi, and to make sure tori hits the angle right and DOES NOT spike uke on his face/head.

What Murphy wrote is not wrong, though, and I independently wrote something somewhat similar a few minutes ago.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Sure enough, in fact, when I teach the Georgian/over back/Kashiwazaki/sutemi grip type stuff, a major issue is the ability of uke to take the ukemi, and to make sure tori hits the angle right and DOES NOT spike uke on his face/head.

What Murphy wrote is not wrong, though, and I independently wrote something somewhat similar a few minutes ago.
    Agreed. Situations dictate tactics.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Agreed. Situations dictate tactics.
    Yep, and knowing how to do the "technique" safely and correctly is critical to being able to use it to injure a person.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 5 of 5 First 12345