Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    7,370
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1

    BREAKING: Harford County, MD - mass shooting

    https://www.google.com/search?q=balt...hrome&ie=UTF-8

    So, nobody has a clue, right now: https://www.wbaltv.com/article/offic...oting/23330608

    Rite-Aid distribution center; emergency services "running people off the road," to reach the scene. Governor is monitoring.

  2. #2
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    5,020
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Last I saw, 7 shot and 4 killed including the suspect. The main thing that sticks out in this one is that it was a female. They don't yet know the motive.

    Then at around 2pm, four people including a police officer were shot outside a judge's office in Masontown, PA. The suspect was a 61 year old man who was shot and killed by police. He apparently had a hearing scheduled for domestic violence, strangulation, and terroristic threats.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  3. #3
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    21,484
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Mental diagnosis in 2016, yet legally bought a Glock 9mm...

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/21...s-in-2016.html
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #4
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    5,020
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    1
    So far the only demographic that connects all of these is mental illness. Makes you think we should be doing mental status examinations rather than background checks to purchase a firearm.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  5. #5
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    21,484
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    So far the only demographic that connects all of these is mental illness. Makes you think we should be doing mental status examinations rather than background checks to purchase a firearm.
    Yeah, but good luck with that. I guess she wasn't formerly adjudicated as "dangerous to self or others".

    Her family noted her getting more agitated, wonder if they knew she had bought a Glock, handcuffs, and OC spray ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #6
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    21,484
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Update on handgun purchase: Glock 17, purchased March 2018.

    Investigators learned that the weapon used was Glock 17 9-mm handgun, which Moseley legally owned and purchased in March 2018.

    https://www.wbaltv.com/article/offic...lness/23360585

    "The gun was legally purchased, even in light of this (mental illness diagnosis). It didn't meet the standards for refusal under Maryland law," Gahler said.

    There are two caveats for refusal of gun purchase: Being diagnosed with a mental illness and showing a propensity for violence to self or others pre-application, an official said.

    "A motive for this senseless crime is still under investigation," Gahler said. "We're not going to find one, because there's never going to be one."

    A search warranted was executed overnight at Moseley's White Marsh home, officials said. There was no evidence found relating to the shooting or a motive, but authorities did find other evidence.

    "Evidence showing the shooter was suffering with a mental illness was identified," Gahler said. "Friends and family members relayed to detectives that over the last two weeks, she became increasingly agitated and that they were concerned for her well-being."
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #7
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    So far the only demographic that connects all of these is mental illness. Makes you think we should be doing mental status examinations rather than background checks to purchase a firearm.
    If only the gun came loaded with software that scans the brain then we would all be safe.

  8. #8
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,355
    Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    If only the gun came loaded with software that scans the brain then we would all be safe.
    Who writes the code? AMA? They're already on record as being against ownership.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    575
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Who writes the code? AMA? They're already on record as being against ownership.
    Then you would be very, very safe.

  10. #10
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    5,020
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    Then you would be very, very safe.
    Who would?
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in