Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    it might've been in the works for a while, they were just waiting for a submission win to make it relevant.

p.s. if anyone else has is in a position for getting their black belt by tapping a purple belt, I'm available for a fee.
    I think it was just taking advantage of the atmosphere.

Tbh there’s so much more to a black belt than submitting someone though. Positional skills, positional awareness, mobility, etc.

I mean his coach came with the belt in hand. I hardly think he said to himself “omg, that darce is so amazing I can’t possibly hold him back!?”

He knew it- it was just presentation

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    I've seen a guy get awarded his blue belt immediately after destroying the white belt division, along the way he slapped on a straight ankle lock (on me) and two flying armbars (which he attempted on me too). It was kinda shitty, like, "yeah, dude was a blue belt competing in the white belt division, sandbagging ************" but then he went on to get his black in like 4 years, so the idea of sandbagging went away and replaced with the idea of someone just getting better at a rapid rate.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I've seen a guy get awarded his blue belt immediately after destroying the white belt division, along the way he slapped on a straight ankle lock (on me) and two flying armbars (which he attempted on me too). It was kinda shitty, like, "yeah, dude was a blue belt competing in the white belt division, sandbagging ************" but then he went on to get his black in like 4 years, so the idea of sandbagging went away and replaced with the idea of someone just getting better at a rapid rate.
    It IS possible for someone to have a single badass position and have the other positions be the reason they’re held back.

My coach had a tendency to hold you back until he couldn’t justify it anymore. A great many more promote he moment they can justify it. Someone can have the guard of a black belt but mediocre top games could justify they be in purple belt division. “Weakest link is the measuring stick” so to speak....

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    Zabit. Wow. What a talent! I had to add the exclamation. He's extraordinary and I marvelled at the leg lock and then later saw it with Sterling. Excellent work, though I winced and flinched when he mentioned how he'd heard 'the knee pop'...

Woodley impressed and Till was starting to impress himself on Woodley when that counter landed. I despair when listening to Joe Rogan, whose favouritism is so explicit. Usually it's talking about "Jon" and "Jonny Bones" - yes, we get it Joe...but with Till being beaten down by Woodley, Rogan was claiming how Till was "out" - twice - and blood was pouring. Well, I couldn't see either. I must have been watching a different contest. When the BB was awarded, I thought Joe was going to come his cocoa (you can work out that cockney expression for yourself). All in all, Woodley gave a great performance and I genuinely thought Till was going to survive when he moved closer to Woodley: I just never saw that strangle coming but then neither did Till ;-) I also thought the BB redundant and more an attempt to steal his glory. A bit like an advertisement; he's won that Championship without it so.....

I felt sorry for Karolina. Skilled, talented, tough and pretty as well as feminine. I admire her when she leans up against the cage ready for the bell to sound. That KO was brutal although she was moving on instinct but I'm glad it was halted. I had noticed those exceptional arms and biceps on her opponent and did wonder about it...Still, it might have been the result of hard training....

I saw the Diego Sanchez on the scales and was startled by the opponent's kiss....and I have seen that K1 incident. Unfortunately, the contest didn't air in the UK. Shame, really, I'd have been on Diego's side on that one.
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 9/12/2018 4:02pm at . Reason: typos

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    For those who missed the event
    https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Jess...art_1/10240052

Tv prelims were two knockouts followed by a sub and ending with a long drawn out but entertaining destruction of Esperanza. Guess Carla is back to sucking again oh well catch the main and try to find the fightpass fights this weekend.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Page 2 of 2 First 12