Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT

New hotness - cold gyms

OK, puff piece, yeah, but seems mostly like a gimmick, to me. It won't be long before somebody starts touting the health benefits of freezing your ass off while working out as Brrn becomes the vanguard in the latest craze.

(edit) probably help if I link the article, huh?
    https://www.fastcompany.com/90213807...l-fel-the-burn

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    So, people in the hot weather sit in AC all day and then go take hot yoga. Now people in cold weather, sit in the heat all day, but want to go into a cold room to workout. Did that sum it up right?

Why don't people just go outside and exercise regardless of what the weather is?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    So, people in the hot weather sit in AC all day and then go take hot yoga. Now people in cold weather, sit in the heat all day, but want to go into a cold room to workout. Did that sum it up right?

Why don't people just go outside and exercise regardless of what the weather is?
    Cant make cash from suckers by using logic.

Style
    CQC
    Training in a gym with no AC in the middle of fucking august builds character dammit!

Style
    Ex-Karate
    Sounds like a load of hipster bullshit. I neither want to train in a baking hot or freezing cold gym.

Feel free to question me

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Sounds like a load of hipster bullshit. I neither want to train in a baking hot or freezing cold gym.
    The hot gym has its benefits. Strictly speaking you sweat like a whore in church so regardless of your skill level relative to your opponents you’re losing significant amounts of water and it creates a very mentally taxing environment. Really good for a guy check.

Since most people aren’t fighting or competing professionally you might say this isn’t of great importance to them, and I’d say you’d be right- but the extra heat helps for injury prevention as well so let it be hot but save the gas powered heater for fight training

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    The hot gym has its benefits. Strictly speaking you sweat like a whore in church so regardless of your skill level relative to your opponents you’re losing significant amounts of water and it creates a very mentally taxing environment. Really good for a guy check.

Since most people aren’t fighting or competing professionally you might say this isn’t of great importance to them, and I’d say you’d be right- but the extra heat helps for injury prevention as well so let it be hot but save the gas powered heater for fight training
    I know the benefits of the hot gym very well. My son's and I workout in my garage. Which, in Florida summers is around a 100 degrees or more. Between kettlebells and running up and down the stairs out there, you sweat through your shirt in about 5 minutes.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.