Page 3 of 3 First 123

Perhaps limit arduous exercise, cardio and sparing, etc, to the 90 minute maximum, broken up with lower intensity technical work

I must say I'm not big on long drawn out cardio workouts during MA classes as it sucks up time that could be used for technique

Go do aerobics if you want to jump up and down for half an hour

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by User Friendly View Post
    Perhaps limit arduous exercise, cardio and sparing, etc, to the 90 minute maximum, broken up with lower intensity technical work

I must say I'm not big on long drawn out cardio workouts during MA classes as it sucks up time that could be used for technique

Now that makes more sense.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by User Friendly View Post

Yeah, I always got pissed about that too. My cardio is on point and my exercise is where I want it to be. So if I come for some MMA/BJJ/kickboxing class, I want some instruction. Now if you are saying, I have mastered the techniques and no longer need instruction, then we can just spar every day.

I used to train at an MMA place that did a **** ton of conditioning at the beginning and then like 15 minutes of instruction. That doesn't work for me.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yeah there's almost always a big issue involved in everything.
    PHD in Obviousology
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    PHD in Obviousology
    No, just a Master's...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Pumping iron
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    No, just a Master's...
    I just googled the word. YOU show up!
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I just googled the word. YOU show up!
    Of course, I know the origin of the phrase, too. I was there...

Page 3 of 3 First 123