Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,581
    Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    4

    Apparently the Japanese navy band does anime theme covers

    So apparently the Japanese navy band does anime theme song covers:

    I know the US military has some bands, but I just can't see them doing something so pop-culturey. It would be like them doing a cover of the GI Joe theme song or something. Like kind of not serious enough for the subject matter (i.e. the military), if that makes sense.
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    529
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    1
    But it's "space battleship" Yamato, how many of them entering the navy because they were fan as kids?

    BTW I loved the anime years ago and still love the intro song (the chorus).

  3. #3
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,607
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    So apparently the Japanese navy band does anime theme song covers:

    I know the US military has some bands, but I just can't see them doing something so pop-culturey. It would be like them doing a cover of the GI Joe theme song or something. Like kind of not serious enough for the subject matter (i.e. the military), if that makes sense.
    No nothing as popcultury as that, never:

    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

    "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

  4. #4
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,607
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    But it's "space battleship" Yamato, how many of them entering the navy because they were fan as kids?

    BTW I loved the anime years ago and still love the intro song (the chorus).
    Maybe if they are all senior NCOs. LOL. Dude you are old, so am I, if you grew up on Space Battleship Yamato, your entry date into the armed forces would have been 20+ years ago.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

    "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    529
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Maybe if they are all senior NCOs. LOL. Dude you are old, so am I, if you grew up on Space Battleship Yamato, your entry date into the armed forces would have been 20+ years ago.
    Well yeah, but the male singers look middle agey.

    Plus every now and then a spinoff / reboot comes out.

  6. #6
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,541
    2
    It's the Japanese, they're probably trying to actually build a space battleship to fly next to their giant robots.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    529
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    1
    Also the army:



    The air force:



    And who whe have here?


  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    529
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Maybe if they are all senior NCOs. LOL. Dude you are old, so am I, if you grew up on Space Battleship Yamato, your entry date into the armed forces would have been 20+ years ago.
    Also my entry date in the armed forces would have been exactly 24 years ago, as we still had the draft in Italy, but I dodged it (legally).

  9. #9
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,547
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    1
    But which military band will play this?
    https://youtu.be/ZTidn2dBYbY

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    741
    Style
    Bjj
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It's the Japanese, they're probably trying to actually build a space battleship to fly next to their giant robots.
    Why shouldnt they? Hell you guys will have space marines soon enough

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in