Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Untrue.

Royce Gracie's self-defense kicks could knock out Mike Tyson.
    Also Vitor Belforts Jiu Jitsu on the feet against Wand was perfect.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Apparently, one year of wrestling and he's that good...
    There are some exceptionally great wrestling teams in NJ and NY, that have year round training for guys wanting to go to the Olympics. If GR, with his demonstrable natural talent, put in a solid year with a team like that I think it is highly likely that he would be pushing D1 level.

I might point out that his brother was able to shut down AJ Agazarm's stand up game at ADCC. When a D1 wrestler can't take down a 16yr old high school drop out it says something regarding the stand up training at Renzo's place.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    His little brother is quite the monster as well
    Don't get me started on his brother. Dropping out of school for BJJ is just dumb. He is one injury away from working minimum wage jobs for the rest of his life. Secondly, as someone who got to Olympic level of ability while still attending school, I can tell you straight out that if you have to "train" 8hrs per day to be good, you are doing it wrong.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    There are some exceptionally great wrestling teams in NJ and NY, that have year round training for guys wanting to go to the Olympics. If GR, with his demonstrable natural talent, put in a solid year with a team like that I think it is highly likely that he would be pushing D1 level.

I might point out that his brother was able to shut down AJ Agazarm's stand up game at ADCC. When a D1 wrestler can't take down a 16yr old high school drop out it says something regarding the stand up training at Renzo's place.
    Fair enough, gentlemen.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Untrue.

Royce Gracie's self-defense kicks could knock out Mike Tyson.
    -Throws lazy oblique-esq kick-

Bill Wallace: "He's using those vicious Muay Thai kicks there to destructive effect"
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Don't get me started on his brother. Dropping out of school for BJJ is just dumb. He is one injury away from working minimum wage jobs for the rest of his life. Secondly, as someone who got to Olympic level of ability while still attending school, I can tell you straight out that if you have to "train" 8hrs per day to be good, you are doing it wrong.
    You know, sure I don't disagree per say.
    However the truth of the matter is this.
    He can always go back to school. Community colleges will take people even without a GED.

He is in a position now to get hooked up on a life of doing something he loves and making a decent enough profession out of it.
    If that changes I hope the young man can find another path forward that works out for him, there certainly are enough around.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Page 3 of 3 First 123