Page 16 of 16 First ... 61213141516
  1. #151

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    233
    Style
    Western Boxing

    Big Assed Critter !

    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Fixed
    I think of a BBQ. Joe

  2. #152
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,802
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post

    But police tend to have messed up priorities. Which in Australia means they hate taking time away to deal with petty stuff when they could be out catching international jewel thieves or something*.
    *pulling people over for a minor defect, arresting someone for less than a gram of weed, parking tickets, speeding tickets of 1kph over the limit, stop sign violations.

    It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of cops as an organisation, in Australia they are given quotas and thus there is less "crime fighting" and more "nitpicking". A good friend of mine is a cop and I have lost my "**** the police" mentality as I grew older, but it doesn't change the fact that they can be petty pieces of ****.

    We do have draconian laws even in our state, bro. The Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act of 2013 is by far one of the worst pieces of legislation of the modern era, yet people were happy to have it implemented because of a fight where someone was killed.

    While I want to defend our way of life due to being able to be free in all the ways I want to be free, the more I think about the powers of the police, the more I realise that even in QLD, we have laws that are restrictive of freedom in the sense that Muricans talk about it.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  3. #153
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    20,399
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    *pulling people over for a minor defect, arresting someone for less than a gram of weed, parking tickets, speeding tickets of 1kph over the limit, stop sign violations.

    It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of cops as an organisation, in Australia they are given quotas and thus there is less "crime fighting" and more "nitpicking". A good friend of mine is a cop and I have lost my "**** the police" mentality as I grew older, but it doesn't change the fact that they can be petty pieces of ****.

    We do have draconian laws even in our state, bro. The Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act of 2013 is by far one of the worst pieces of legislation of the modern era, yet people were happy to have it implemented because of a fight where someone was killed.

    While I want to defend our way of life due to being able to be free in all the ways I want to be free, the more I think about the powers of the police, the more I realise that even in QLD, we have laws that are restrictive of freedom in the sense that Muricans talk about it.
    Cops often pull people over for minor traffic infractions etc. because then they get to run you and see if you (and anybody else in the vehicle), have a warrant, expired/suspended DL, smell weed, or see anything otherwise suspicious in the vehicle.

    Once they have reasonable suspicion of something, they can extend the traffic stop to investigate. There have been some recent court rulings that address that, though, making it more difficult for cops to extend the stop on a pretext. They have limited time to run you and scratch out a citation (or do it electronically, as some agencies do now).

    They have to have probable cause to search the vehicle, though, without a warrant, and not incident to arrest.

    As far as freedoms go, we are all sort of in the Matrix, regardless of where we live.
    Last edited by BKR; 8/16/2018 5:30pm at .
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #154
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    3,070
    Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    *pulling people over for a minor defect, arresting someone for less than a gram of weed, parking tickets, speeding tickets of 1kph over the limit, stop sign violations.

    It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of cops as an organisation, in Australia they are given quotas and thus there is less "crime fighting" and more "nitpicking". A good friend of mine is a cop and I have lost my "**** the police" mentality as I grew older, but it doesn't change the fact that they can be petty pieces of ****.

    We do have draconian laws even in our state, bro. The Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act of 2013 is by far one of the worst pieces of legislation of the modern era, yet people were happy to have it implemented because of a fight where someone was killed.

    While I want to defend our way of life due to being able to be free in all the ways I want to be free, the more I think about the powers of the police, the more I realise that even in QLD, we have laws that are restrictive of freedom in the sense that Muricans talk about it.
    Yes but I believe the organizations that enforce those draconian laws are under a lot more scrutiny.

    There is a lot more to freedom than just giving everyone an open sand box
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Page 16 of 16 First ... 61213141516

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in