Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGalbraith View Post
    I think many FMA fighters would suggest going to a reverse grip (to generate more power with the weapon strikes) rather than a weak side forward stance, when using a less impressive improvised weapon, just for the record. I occasionally do that myself.
    The main issue with putting the weapon in the rear hand is range not power. I can generate enough power with a stick to break bones with either hand forward. I also train to be able to switch hands at will. Power comes from training with heavy sticks and beating on things. I don't put a weak side forward because I don't consider myself as having a weak side. Maybe when I first started but I drilled that out a long time ago.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu

Indiana showing effective use of Florida's stand your ground laws.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Bring a paint ball gun. Shoot everyone and declare yourself Champ.

Style
    Ubasute:TaiChi/MMA/Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Bring a paint ball gun. Shoot everyone and declare yourself Champ.
    Or better yet, go to a paintball range and spike the opposing team's drinking water with laxatives.

Style
    Ubasute:TaiChi/MMA/Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    The main issue with putting the weapon in the rear hand is range not power. I can generate enough power with a stick to break bones with either hand forward. I also train to be able to switch hands at will. Power comes from training with heavy sticks and beating on things. I don't put a weak side forward because I don't consider myself as having a weak side. Maybe when I first started but I drilled that out a long time ago.
    The obsessing over what side is over definitely comes from the strikers in our club, not the FMA influence on our club. In general we train weapon in left hand forward, weapon in right hand forward, and weapon in right hand back, but NOT weapon in left hand back. (This is gets into spear/staff stuff that is beyond the scope of this thread since we don't do that at Tipons.)

We also have a tendency to switch back and forth between which hand we have the weapon in, but this has to do with not having as good of arm conditioning as FMA groups and our arms getting tired.

Page 2 of 2 First 12