Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Crossfit Self Defense

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/get-re...defense-video/

Righto, lads, time for a laugh.

Forget about wax on wax off, you've already been doing the movements for self defence without even knowing you're doing them without even having an Asian guy show you how to do the moves you didn't even know were moves!!!!

Whaaaa??

I know, amazing. According to CrosSensei, as a crossfitter, you've thrown more power punches in a week than boxers will throw in an entire fight, wall balls help you push people away, and kneeing someone is as simple as doing mountain climbers standing up.

What the **** have we all been doing with our lives?

Also, the piece de resistance, the raison d'etre, the cherry on the motherfucking cake, CrosSensei's final statement:

"What we're studying is: a bad guy's proximity works against him, we just need to reframe that."

Move over Bruce Lee, your mysticism crumbles before this, the real deep.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    Kind of reminds me of this I watched other day.

"BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    what style?
    http://crossfitdefense.com/

D-WOD (Defense-WOD). A word to the “Why’s”. The term caught on because of the popularity of the acronym ‘WOD’ within the community. Technically, its not really a WOD because its not a structured series of movements that is both ‘measurable & repeatable’. There are too many variables in scenario-based training that can affect ones timing, speed, balance, power etc., so you cannot measure it. During a D-WOD, we are looking for intensity & tabata-like effort. But since the term WOD is synonymous with most training within the CrossFit community, it just stuck.

The formula for the D-WOD is very specific: Always start with a scenario in mind (a story). Build a scenario that is realistic, relevant and rigorous. If it’s credible and replicates elements of a real confrontation, the ‘adaptation’ will occur. (By integrating the ‘story-line’ we generate visualization, a bit of a fear spike for the adrenal system. This is good for stress-inoculation.) Next determine strategic/tactical actions needed to escape to safety.

Ingredients for a good D-WOD

1. Create a Realistic Scenario
    2. Determine the Assault & Protective movements used to Defend
    3. CNS the CrossFit movements that either mimic or support the combative movements (core to extremity, range of motion, intensity, and so on)

This first D–WOD is a great example, look how we use wall-ball movement patterns to teach the stance and palm strikes. Then we use the burpee and bear crawl skills to facilitate/simulate the escape.
    Great now my eyes are bleeding again... why does this **** never come with warnings?
    http://crossfitdefense.com/2013/10/0...ehind-the-box/
    D-WOD: 2 ON 1 BEHIND THE BOX
    Now that is a good title for a sales pitch.
    Last edited by lant3rn; 7/18/2018 2:29am at .

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Should be the perfect defense against exercising with proper form.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Muay Thai
    The best thing for crossfitters to do to avoid being robbed and injured is quit crossfit

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Oh for ****’s sake, I’m usually prepared to defend aspects of CrossFit but this just gives me training cancer. **** it.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Cross Fitters are my favorite! Not only do they already have the better workouts than anyone else in the world, they created their own sport to prove it, and now can use it to beat up anyone in the world! They have their own language, clothes, churches, the whole deal.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

Move over Bruce Lee, your mysticism crumbles before this, the real derp.
    There. FTFY.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

Righto, lads, time for a laugh.

Forget about wax on wax off, you've already been doing the movements for self defence without even knowing you're doing them without even having an Asian guy show you how to do the moves you didn't even know were moves!!!!

Whaaaa??

I know, amazing. According to CrosSensei, as a crossfitter, you've thrown more power punches in a week than boxers will throw in an entire fight, wall balls help you push people away, and kneeing someone is as simple as doing mountain climbers standing up.

What the **** have we all been doing with our lives?

Also, the piece de resistance, the raison d'etre, the cherry on the motherfucking cake, CrosSensei's final statement:

"What we're studying is: a bad guy's proximity works against him, we just need to reframe that."

Move over Bruce Lee, your mysticism crumbles before this, the real deep.
    The wall ball comparison isn't horrible.. .. everything else is devoid of proper movement and body mechanics for striking.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last