Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Threatened At Work

Just thought I'd share with everyone something that has happened over the weekend that has me a little excited.

So last month one of my digital marketing agency's clients decided to move on. Normally this is a non-issue, we rarely lose clients because we're fucking good at what we do. There's been a number of times where a client will be dodgy as hell, where we realise this to be the case, so we take precautions of some sort. This is one of those cases.

So this client is a ****, we've known him to be a **** to his staff, his former partners, basically anyone that he touches. Earlier this year he halved the budget he was spending with us, yet expected the same amount of work to be done. It was the beginning of the end, and considering we'd seen him on many occasions rip off those who trusted him, we knew there was going to be pushback.

Initially he refused to pay the final month of services already rendered. So we turned off his website that was hosted with us at the end of last week. The company made promises to pay by today, so the site was turned back on. Too late it was noticed that they had been working in the background to circumvent us and our hosting and had stolen their main site.

We still held on to their other site, switched it off, and the boss merely requested that payment be made for the services rendered before it goes back on.

The client then threatened us with physical damage, to the point of explicitly stating how much damage he was going to do to the boss. So he went to the cops.

So here I am, in an office in lockdown, imagining all the scenarios that might play out, getting a hard on because I'm thinking of all the hardcoreness that I will likely never get to display because this is guaranteed to be a non-starter, but yeah, the boss is pretty shook.

It kinda reminds me of another client who threatened to come up to my city with a machete and I welcomed him to do it, but "that won't fix the issue here, which is what I'm trying to do". It was a reasoned and reasonable response to his threat, and he actually became a long term client.

Anyone got any stories of a pissed off client coming to exact revenge for perceived sleights?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Pro-Wrestling/PitFighting
    Anyone got any stories of a pissed off client coming to exact revenge for perceived sleights?
    Some Jamaican guy threatened to kill me when I was guarding downed power lines in the projects after Hurricane Sandy.

I responded by just cutting down more cables in the middle of the night, so he (And everyone else in the complex) would have to wait extra long for power to be restored. Some guy living there with sickle-cell anemia died during a snow storm a week later because he didn't have any heat.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Some Jamaican guy threatened to kill me when I was guarding downed power lines in the projects after Hurricane Sandy.

I responded by just cutting down more cables in the middle of the night, so he (And everyone else in the complex) would have to wait extra long for power to be restored. Some guy living there with sickle-cell anemia died during a snow storm a week later because he didn't have any heat.
    You do a lot of shrooms don't you.

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    Being a road worker it happens quite often. Specially when we have to close a road. People tend to get irate and start making threats though most have the sense that attacking a group of 4 - 6 road workers armed with shovels and sledgehammer isn't going to work out well for them and the threat is indeed idle.

Don't have any specific examples it's just part and parcel with the job.
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    Bjj, mma
    https://youtu.be/mE2-7a_F_B0

Marion Cobretti doesnt deal with psychos, be like Marion.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    I mean I once had a cop threaten to shot me while I was at work.......la sigh.....I sort of miss that contract
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

I could go on and on and on. The biggest I had was a hit put out on me by a large gang. By large I mean all across the country and into the one to the south. My wife was not happy about that one.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I could go on and on and on. The biggest I had was a hit put out on me by a large gang. By large I mean all across the country and into the one to the south. My wife was not happy about that one.
    I was going to put a caveat in the post that LEOs need not apply, but thought better of it. This is why.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    judo hiatus
    Thread winner.

Respect.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Yeah thread winner, fucking hell.

It might not be quite relevant to the thread as it’s more of a revenge thing but it’s pretty sweet.

Way back when I worked in an office there was this really nice Bulgarian kid who worked in the post department and he was sometimes taken the piss out of bybsomenkf the guys in marketing, nothing too bad but one guy went beyond banter and was generally a **** to the kid and he kid took it every time which was a shame.

The marketing guy was keen on white collar boxing and would regail the office wirh stories of how hard he was training for his first fight.

The Bulgarian kid caught wind of this, had boxing experience and applied to fight in he same event and hopefully against this guy.

It actually worked and unfortunately for the marketing guy the kid fought at an amateur level in him home country and was training in a very good east London gym that produced a lot of serious professional fighters. He basically took the poor fucker to pieces, he could have ko’d Him pretty much straight off the bat but battered him right through to the third round and got an easy TKO. The marketing guy was a mess, even for a white collar event.

The kid was still really polite to him at work which made it even sweeter.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Page 1 of 3 123 Last