Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    My mother. My mother cares.
    Yes, but your mother is a hard core Judoka who could kick most of the forum's ass.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    If it works on decent competitors, it's grappling. Everything else is rule sets and nomenclature.

P.S. Who cares what it's called if it works?
    This is pretty much my take on it as well. I see most grappling arts as still evolving. They clearly aren't making anymore huge leaps at this point, but the evolution clearly continues. So I don't see something like BJJ as a fixed set of techniques as much as a fixed set of principles that works within various rule sets. Same with Sambo, same with Wrestling ect. Rule sets dictate strategies. Principles dictate whether or not a technique will work. This is why I sat there gaping like a landed fish when the guy asked.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Yes, but your mother is a hard core Judoka who could kick most of the forum's ass.
    And an amateur boxer. So she was ahead of her time.

Page 2 of 2 First 12