Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Ahem

So which UFC are you scheduled for?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    We've all got a lot to learn. You should see us (mma guys) when a boxer comes in and start talking to us about footwork and jabs- all "step one" ****. Eyes are glued and jaws are dropped.

Basically Im saying we've all got a lot to learn in someone elses game. Provided you stay humble and open minded you'll always continue to learn....
    Yeeepppp.

Even within the same art and rulesets you will see coaches and instructors focus on different aspects or details which can make you feel like a noob all over again.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Pumping iron
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So which UFC are you scheduled for?
    Well, I'm scheduled to watch UFC226 this weekend. With a bowl of tortilla chips and some salsa dip.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 7/02/2018 11:43am at .
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Jits
    Your jab is a counter waiting to happen. Protect yourself.

Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Yeeepppp.

Even within the same art and rulesets you will see coaches and instructors focus on different aspects or details which can make you feel like a noob all over again.
    That's why it is so important to have different coaches throughout your martial arts life: You get to the point where they just cannot contribute in your development any further (bad case) or at least other perspectives and aspects can make your development faster (good case).

The whole idea of black belt = master gets its proper ridicule the moment one understands that.

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    I'm always going to try and better my technique and I'm open to other teachers advice and knowledge. Martial arts fascinates me and it's my life. Think I started too late into the game though. Wish I'd started when I was much younger but it is what it is.

The whole reason behind taking this fight in December, (even if it's only an amature fight) is to prove to myself that I could. Win or lose, didn't want to die knowing I never tried.

Tonight I'm boxing and I'm going to work in the advice given here. Likely not all going to work at once but if it's made any improvement at all I'm extremely grateful to you all for pointing me in the right direction and allowing me to see the flaws I couldn't.

Osu.
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    Also I found these videos on YouTube. Guy seems to have a good idea what he's doing. Starting to see what you guys mean with my jab.

"BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    Muay Thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Nobody says that. You shouldn't say that either.
    Yeah, if a guy likes to play with the cock someone else has that's his business

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandem View Post
    Yeah, if a guy likes to play with the cock someone else has that's his business
    This is sounding fairly sexual. I Like it. Stay still.

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    So going back to this. Last Friday I was in a sparring match at the Kickboxing gym with mixed boxers too. So going through sparring pure boxers and then the kickboxers. It's the first time I'd done any real stand up sparring against pure strikers (I usually spar in MMA) and I got my arse kicked. Specially against the boxers where a lot of my tools are nullified.

I found it a very humbling experience if I'm honest and nothing tells you your technique sucks more than watching it fail and getting your arse stomped.

So I think beyond my bag work being sub par and my sparring (I.e practical application) also sucking. I think I definitely need to get my head down and work harder.

Page 3 of 3 First 123