Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
  1. #51
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,236
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    What is this MMA thing you guys are talking about?
    Mixed martial arts. You know TKD, Hapkido, Aikido, and boxing all together. It is just a mix of MA's. People make a big deal out of it but it isn't anything different than what we do here at Kung Bob's TKD Karate Center.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,353
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    What is this MMA thing you guys are talking about?
    I think it is NHB with several short rounds and an agreed upon point system.
    But, it could be if you train Aikido and Karate together, I guess.

  3. #53
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    19,981
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    What is this MMA thing you guys are talking about?
    It's been around for millenia, and you don't know ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #54
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    6,624
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGalbraith View Post
    You are really good at martial arts and you think all is well with Aikido?
    Thats not it at all. I just think the only thing you are qualified to comment on saving is perhaps left overs from an all you can eat buffet or perhaps how to involuntarily save your own virginity. Step 1 of 1: Be you .
    You're not an expert in martial arts in anyway , shape or form. If BKR, Omega, Murphy,Mike T. or other experts here have an opinion it comes from a deep understanding of martial arts/sports. It's clear you haven't put the time in and dont know what you're talking about.
    I strongly recommend that you check out this bullshido article on having arguments with people on a forum. Here's your general method of critique:
    1) Start with a resort to personal insults.
    2) Throw up enough straw men to protect all the corn in South Dakota.

    I suggested that I had ideas about how to save Aikido. My background in internal martial arts is 1 to 2 years in Aikido, and some Chinese martial arts, which resulted in me getting a silver medal in the 2002 Tigerbalm International tournament in Tai Chi forms and Bronze medal in Tai Chi push hands. Now I don't bring that up on Bullshido very often because I don't take my internal martial arts credentials any more seriously than I take my kumite point fighting trophy from the 80's, but I have spent more than enough of my life studying internal martial arts to have an opinion on why Aikidoka should start sparring in some way, some how.
    You're an expert in bull **** fake fuckery. You dont know how to do anything but fuckery. Soooooo no, you dont know how good martial arts are done really because you're a novice. You have wasted your life "training" bullshit. You still dont know how to fight and you still talk like a faker.


    "Put the Budo back in Judo" isn't meant as a serious critique of Judo. It might be a slightly culturally offensive rhyme... I sincerely hope that you don't think that I have EVER critiqued BJJ on Bullshido. Because that would say very poor things about your reading comprehension. You putting words in my mouth is a "straw man," see above article. Ironically you probably got offended thinking I was critiquing BJJ, when that is not something that I have ever done.
    Nope, just that you're not good at judo and you're opining about the subject is useless and you say dumb and wrong ****.

    Having posted on this site off and on since 2004, I have heard the argument that "BJJ is MMA, and MMA is BJJ" before... way too many times. And eventually I did study a little BJJ, and after losing all interest in Gi-grappling and gambi rolls, I moved on to MMA. And I can tell you for sure that MMA is not BJJ, 100% sure on that one. I can now see thanks to the info people on another thread that BJJ was started by an MMA guy (Count Combat.) I see where your confusion in coming from, but Count Combat invented BJJ, not no-holds-barred fights.
    Mma is a ruleset not a martial art. BJJ is something you use in mma. Muay Thai , Boxing, Bjj,sambo, karate, Judo, free style, Greco, etc. Are the martial arts.

    BJJ is Bjj in the cage, the mats or the street. Situations dictate tactics.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 7/15/2018 4:16pm at .

  5. #55
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    6,624
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    I think it is NHB with several short rounds and an agreed upon point system.
    But, it could be if you train Aikido and Karate together, I guess.
    Sounds like recipe for success......

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in