Page 12 of 13 First ... 28910111213 Last
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Moar Russian meddling.
    That hadn't occurred to me but despite the joking nature of that statement, there's a pretty good chance that there is a ribbon of truth to that on some level. If I had the 2nd largest ballistic missile program in the world, I'd be after as much of this technology as I could get.

Sputnik wasn't about space exploration any more than any other nation's space exploration program started off as a simple matter of scientific mastery. The core of the early space programs were all about developing the best missile technology.

A battlefront that Russia has not ceased to operate inside of, given that recent RF "nesting doll" military satellite.

The Cold War has become the Hot Peace. Americans might have left the Cold War behind but Putin most certainly has not.

I recommend that you read Garry Kasparov's recent writing on the subject.

I'm not a conspiracy theory loon, I'm just paying attention.
    “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 1971, Raoul Duke

Style
    Autoimmune disease

Edit: If you watch this video all the way through, please note that the date is November 2015, before Russian meddling was part of the perceived liberal agenda.

Mitt Romney was right even if he wasn't able to explain why to an audience that let the Kremlin's activities fall out of their attention in favor of reality TV and all too common comfortable American complacency.

America is on the fast track to becoming an empire whose political power relies on bread and circuses rather than facts or competency.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 6/27/2019 3:50pm at .
    “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 1971, Raoul Duke

Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    The aliens are coming!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/996206...entist-admits/

Or, not, if you actually read the meat of the article, or have a modicum of common sense.

Cooler heads prevailing:
    https://phys.org/news/2019-09-interc...-c2019-q4.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2019_Q4_(Borisov)

Style
    xingyi
    Saw Ad Astra today and all I could think was "this is what Trump envisions for Space Force."

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    After all this time of absolutely nothing, I'm beginning to think Space Force was a space farce.

Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    After all this time of absolutely nothing, I'm beginning to think Space Force was a space farce.
    The moon wasn't built in a day. We had to wait for cinematography, at the very least.

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    The moon wasn't built in a day. We had to wait for cinematography, at the very least.
    Good point. Now, if they put James Cameron on the job they'd have my respect.

The production values in everything he makes are just incredible.

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    I'm just saying, the teasers better be fucking great and they better show up soon or people are going to lose faith.

It's been 2 years and we don't even have a trailer yet.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Or, probably, vice-versa. "Interstellar gold is free from manmade contaminants, and does not contribute to global warming."

LOL. Carbon-neutral gold.

LOL moar. 25 karat gold. It's so pure, we needed a new rating.
    Hey dude, sorry for the bad carrot/rep thing. Was just scrolling on my phone and accidentally clicked it.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Style
    Grapple
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Saw Ad Astra today and all I could think was "this is what Trump envisions for Space Force."
    NO

It is definitely this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0381716E-0918-4E15-9A02-90A1914CBFB5.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	18309  

King without a crown

Page 12 of 13 First ... 28910111213 Last