Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation

22 people injured in N.J. art festival shooting

"'Neighborhood beef' apparently leads to 22 people injured in N.J. art festival shooting, prosecutor says"
    Twenty-two people, including a teenager, were injured early Sunday in a shooting at a 24-hour art festival in Trenton, New Jersey, the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office said.

One suspect, a 33-year-old man, is believed to have been killed by police, prosecutor Angelo Onofri said. Another suspect was taken into custody, he said. Police recovered multiple weapons.
    "It absolutely could have been worse given the confined space and the number of shots that appear to have been fired," Onofri said.
    The shooting appears to be the result of a "neighborhood beef" that unfolded at the festival, he said. It is not related to terrorism.
    Well as long as it isn't related to terrorism, I guess it is all good.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    boxing, gjj
    It appears to be gang related. The suspect was on parole for "homicide related charges". There had been a lot of fights and gang activity before the shooting.

Sources:
    http://www.walb.com/story/38441922/1...s-gang-related
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/17/us/ne...ing/index.html
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Ban gangs.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Ban gangs.
    They pretty much did in the 70's, worked out great didn't it?? If they would just ban drugs too maybe the criminals would be less motivated*.

*this part was sarcastic and in reference to the failed drug war for those of you too fucking retarded to pick up on it.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Ban gangs.
    In a surprise to no one, the Democrat Governor is calling for more gun laws, while not mentioning the shooter's violent past or his early release from prison.

NJ governor sees guns, not shooter's early prison release, as the problem
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...s-problem.html
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    In a surprise to no one, the Democrat Governor is calling for more gun laws, while not mentioning the shooter's violent past or his early release from prison.

NJ governor sees guns, not shooter's early prison release, as the problem
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...s-problem.html
    These reactions are getting just as common as mass shootings. <--- bet you never thought you would hear something like that. What a world we live in!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    They pretty much did in the 70's, worked out great didn't it?? If they would just ban drugs too maybe the criminals would be less motivated*.

*this part was sarcastic and in reference to the failed drug war for those of you too fucking retarded to pick up on it.
    I love that you went on to explain the sarcasm in my joke as if you were oblivious to it, only to call everyone else who might not pick up on your sarcasm "fucking retarded".
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    i actually see the high casualties in situations such as this as a *consequence* of the strict gun laws.

there are going to be people who use guns to solve "problems" but if strict gun laws don't allow them to practice with the (illegal) guns they own and use, then they will be less likely to hit their intended targets and more likely to shoot bystanders.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i actually see the high casualties in situations such as this as a *consequence* of the strict gun laws.

there are going to be people who use guns to solve "problems" but if strict gun laws don't allow them to practice with the (illegal) guns they own and use, then they will be less likely to hit their intended targets and more likely to shoot bystanders.
    That's pretty interesting. I hadn't thought of that point of view.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

I love that you went on to explain the sarcasm in my joke as if you were oblivious to it, only to call everyone else who might not pick up on your sarcasm "fucking retarded".
    Your joke lacked decent substance as does 99% of your posts, but by all means continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last