Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    cultural appropriation

How far do you guys travel to train?

Just curious. I've heard claims the average person wont travel outside of their own town to go train, but I want to know how far some of the members on here go on a routine to train?

Ive been as far as london for a seminar before, but thats about it.

Style
    Yagyu Shinkage Ryu
    1 hour 8 minutes. Approximate travel distance is 57 miles.

Style
    Muay Thai
    Currently a 20 minute walk. There was a point when I got a bus and went north of the river several times a week because the bus was free, the club was crazy cheap and I had **** all else to do.

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    10 minutes for kickboxing 15 minutes for MMA and an half hour drive into the next city for Muay Thai.

Style
    Bjj
    When I can train which is very irregularly at a few places, I definitely leave town because most of the best schools are not within a short distance. I budget myself according to income for gym/school fees etc but you definitely have to factor in gas etc. It can add 10-20% to your overall training costs, the further away you go, the more often you go.

Furthest I've ever gone one way would have been years ago, 45m one way 3 times per week, which really added up in time and gaz.

How far do you guys travel to train?

At the moment it is a relaxed 20 min drive.

45 min. one way was the max. on a regular basis as it just time consuming to spend 3 hrs. in which you only train half of the time.

Have driven nearly 1.5 hrs to attend training before a competition (or drove afterwards 3 hrs. as the next day work was waiting elsewhere). Don‘t need that more often...

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    Just curious. I've heard claims the average person wont travel outside of their own town to go train, but I want to know how far some of the members on here go on a routine to train?

Ive been as far as london for a seminar before, but thats about it.
    For 4 years I traveled 100 Kilometers to train twice a week.

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Early nineties, 2 hour drive there, 2 hour drive back, 3 times a week to get on the mats with actual black belts in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and drive back home and train the rest of the squad on what I learned on the in-between days.
    Local options for competition back in those days included Judo and Shootfighting.
    Getting to an actual Jiu-Jitsu competition was a plane ticket to California or Rio.
    Getting a new series of moves to practice was flying somebody in or going out to them.
    No Internet.
    No Cellphones at first.
    Eventually Mario Sperry put out some Vale Tudo videotapes, mainly highlighting things Sergio Penha was training Carlson Gracie Sr's team on, and many of the black belts were mad at Mario for showing too much to the public.

Style
    Jits
    A 1700 m walk for BJJ.

Feel free to question me

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    For 4 years I traveled 100 Kilometers to train twice a week.
    What the **** is a kilometer? Is it contagious?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last