Style
    Bjj

Not eating makes you strong?

http://awarenessact.com/study-finds-...ne-system/?=ta

At the end it states that further study is needed. The article should start off with saying this and how its not medically proven. Its **** like this that some people get caught up in think itíll cure them for example alkaline diets to treat cancer.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    http://awarenessact.com/study-finds-...ne-system/?=ta

At the end it states that further study is needed. The article should start off with saying this and how its not medically proven. Its **** like this that some people get caught up in think itíll cure them for example alkaline diets to treat cancer.
    Fasting as supplementary treatment for certain cancers is already used in Israel. Apparently in some it can greatly increase the effects of chemo and lessen its negative effects. In other forms of cancer it does nothing and in still others it has been found to be harmful.

There has been a lot of research into this over the last ten years or so. A person should consult their oncologist.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Fasting as supplementary treatment for certain cancers is already used in Israel. Apparently in some it can greatly increase the effects of chemo and lessen its negative effects. In other forms of cancer it does nothing and in still others it has been found to be harmful.

There has been a lot of research into this over the last ten years or so. A person should consult their oncologist.
    Some (im going to say theories because im not sure if its true) theories suggest that cancer feeds off sugar. Perhaps certains cancers are more prone to this and considering how alot if not all food products contain this thats why fasting is used part of the treatment.

Also cancer is a specific sickness and this method is being used as a specific treatment. However the article makes it sound like it can be used by anyone for anything. If a team of medical professionals are using it under observation in a hospital thats different than doing it at home.

I think one of the key things to getting better is sustanence. Alot of sick people dont have an appetite. Your body needs fuel and vitamens minerals in food will help you recover. A gym buddy shared this on facebook and the way the article is written makes it dangerous. Like alot of the pseudo nonsense people peddle (david wolfe being a prime example). My friends dad was battling cancer, he was on chemo but my friend was getting marajuwana oil for him. My friend said the oil helped in 2 ways, increase appetite and decrease pain. I think this probably the real way cannabis helps not the miracle drug thats being supressed by big pharma that alot of fools believe.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Some (im going to say theories because im not sure if its true) theories suggest that cancer feeds off sugar. Perhaps certains cancers are more prone to this and considering how alot if not all food products contain this thats why fasting is used part of the treatment.

Also cancer is a specific sickness and this method is being used as a specific treatment. However the article makes it sound like it can be used by anyone for anything. If a team of medical professionals are using it under observation in a hospital thats different than doing it at home.

I think one of the key things to getting better is sustanence. Alot of sick people dont have an appetite. Your body needs fuel and vitamens minerals in food will help you recover. A gym buddy shared this on facebook and the way the article is written makes it dangerous. Like alot of the pseudo nonsense people peddle (david wolfe being a prime example). My friends dad was battling cancer, he was on chemo but my friend was getting marajuwana oil for him. My friend said the oil helped in 2 ways, increase appetite and decrease pain. I think this probably the real way cannabis helps not the miracle drug thats being supressed by big pharma that alot of fools believe.
    My wife is a cancer survivor, and she was fortunate to have one of the leading research oncologists in the nation working on her, which meant a lot of interesting and innovative therapies. We have discussed this with her, if I remember it all right, the sugar thing is BS. It more has to do with, an as yet unexplained, temporary boost in the immune system that occurs after a set period of fasting, as well as some other bodily chemical changes. So that while the cancer is weakened and the chemo is still very active, it has the ability as a supplemental treatment to boost the effectiveness of the chemo.

In general you are not wrong about sustenance. There are simply some cases in which temporary abstinence helps.

In the last 10 years there has been a lot of research into the various effects of fasting. The article seems to ignore most of that to push an agenda. Then I looked up other articles by the same author and got titles like:
    55 Signs the Trinity Supermoon Gateway is Bringing Change and Quantum Upgrades Into Your Life
    11 Secrets of the Woman That No Man Can Leave
    Your Top 3 Potential Soulmates Based On Your Zodiac Sign
    Some Zodiac Signs Possess More Natural Intuitive Abilities Than the Rest
    Understand the Deeper Meaning of Your Life, According to the Native American Zodiac
    7 Ways to Naturally Detox Your Lungs
    I'm now pretty sure that critical thinking and a willingness to look into actual science aren't in the author's skill set.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    My wife is a cancer survivor, and she was fortunate to have one of the leading research oncologists in the nation working on her, which meant a lot of interesting and innovative therapies. We have discussed this with her, if I remember it all right, the sugar thing is BS. It more has to do with, an as yet unexplained, temporary boost in the immune system that occurs after a set period of fasting, as well as some other bodily chemical changes. So that while the cancer is weakened and the chemo is still very active, it has the ability as a supplemental treatment to boost the effectiveness of the chemo.

In general you are not wrong about sustenance. There are simply some cases in which temporary abstinence helps.

In the last 10 years there has been a lot of research into the various effects of fasting. The article seems to ignore most of that to push an agenda. Then I looked up other articles by the same author and got titles like:

I'm now pretty sure that critical thinking and a willingness to look into actual science aren't in the author's skill set.
    Not eating refined sugar is usually low risk, and not unreasonable for most people trying to ward off a variety of disease momentums, cancer included.
    My best wishes for your wife.

Style
    cultural appropriation
    reads like a vegangainz propaganda piece

I absolutely agree. It would be interesting to learn more about the statistics of this research. What are the results... The article is interesting. Maybe this will soon become an absolutely scientific method ...no one knows for sure.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Dav View Post
    I absolutely agree. It would be interesting to learn more about the statistics of this research. What are the results... The article is interesting. Maybe this will soon become an absolutely scientific method ...no one knows for sure.
    Google is your friend. There are many scientific studies that can be googled up on this. Most are specific to certain types of cancer though.