Page 5 of 5 First 12345
    Style
    MMA
    Alright, I'll bite. What is this "SJW" agenda people keep seeing in the new Star Wars?
    Solo was a movie about a white guy saving the world and rescuing his gal-pal with his dashing bravado, just like every other action movie. That doesn't strike me as a suuuuper revolutionary narrative identity-politics wise.
    Is it... what? The "Droids are slaves" thing that they played off as a gag? That there was that one lady with purple hair, and only neomarxist critical theorists have purple hair? Is that the bad guys dress like Nazis? Because that bad guys always dressed like Nazis.
    Last edited by TheMightyMcClaw; 6/23/2018 8:27pm at .
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Style
    Bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Alright, I'll bite. What is this "SJW" agenda people keep seeing in the new Star Wars?
    Solo was a movie about a white guy saving the world and rescuing his gal-pal with his dashing bravado, just like every other action movie. That doesn't strike me as a suuuuper revolutionary narrative identity-politics wise.
    Is it... what? The "Droids are slaves" thing that they played off as a gag? That there was that one lady with purple hair, and only neomarxist critical theorists have purple hair? Is that the bad guys dress like Nazis? Because that bad guys always dressed like Nazis.
    It's not so specific to Star Wars as it is to anything discussed online, SJW means I think you're an online loudmouth about some cause. If that cause is white power, you're basically a Nazi SJW. Just like Darth Vader. Leia was a Rebel Princess SJW. Luke was a whiny SJW, and so on. It's a really useless term.

"Rebel scum", basically.
    Last edited by MrBeaj; 6/23/2018 10:13pm at .

Style
    Pumping iron
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Muay Thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    OK, I'll give it to you that the all female Ghost Busters reboot was bad and over the top on pushing a social agenda at the expense of all else. However, until Ocean's Eye Candy comes out I'm going to be hopefully optimistic about that one. Truly the original was good, but horribly dated. The reboot and its many sequels got to be so formulaic as to be forgettable. If this is going to be another formulaic telling of the story(which it seems like it is) at least it won't be a sausage fest, and I'll have pretty scenery to look at.
    Tbh the only reason for making it a reboot rather than just making an all female heist movie is to cash in on the familiar name

Style
    Pumping iron
    Next Terminator is gonna be an all-female cast.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Next Terminator is gonna be an all-female cast.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.
    **** me drunk, I thought you were trolling me because you know I love the Terminator franchise.

Anyway, it's not a reboot based on the promotional picture. It's Linda Hamilton reprising her role as Sarah Connor, which is great because I love her as Sarah Connor, I am a feminist after all.

And from what I can see it is set in/during/after the war with the machines, which would for sure have women soldiers in it due to the fact that the machines are looking to terminate humans and are very unlikely to be programmed with compassion for women and children.

So unless they promote that they'll be shoehorning in some gender theory bullshit into the actual movie, I'll wait and see it before I judge. And considering it is one of two of my fave all time movie universes, you know I'll be seeing it front and centre the day of release.

It'll be hilarious if they do a reboot of the Alien franchise with all female characters. They won't be able to make the joke:

Hicks: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
    Vasquez: No, have you?

Sick burn.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Pro-Wrestling/PitFighting
    The only movie I watch is Naked Lunch.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345