Page 4 of 4 First 1234
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    PLEASE tell me this is real just so I can see jar jar rage
    I can't find the original article on it, but part of it is quoted here:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...wakens/392669/
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    MMA
    I saw both Solo and Ocean's 8 today.
    Solo's principal failing had nothing to do with it being either over- or under- abundant with neomarxist social justice principles, but the fact that the movie is roughly 80% action sequence. I love chases and shootouts, but an hour into a chain of them, I really do need some breathing room.
    If you want get an MRA hate-boner for something, Ocean's 8 will provide you all of the targets your Definitely Not Misogynistic vitriol could ask for. It gives you a great big cast of Strong Independent Women Who Don't Need No Man. To make it worse, they're ethnically diverse and don't conform to ethnic stereotype. The Chinese girl is streetwise and the black girl is good with computers!? Something something misandry something something white genocide.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I saw both Solo and Ocean's 8 today.
    Solo's principal failing had nothing to do with it being either over- or under- abundant with neomarxist social justice principles, but the fact that the movie is roughly 80% action sequence. I love chases and shootouts, but an hour into a chain of them, I really do need some breathing room.
    That's a good point.

I think that's also behind one of the most heard complaints, a lack of plot and good character development.

The more time you spend on action sequences, the less you spend on the characters developing and the plot.

The original 3 had good special effects for their time, but the movies devoted much more time to the plot and characters. That's how they pulled off one of cinema's best 'shockers' in Empire Strikes Back.

My take on the two; The Last Jedi went overboard on the social commentary. It hurt the movie for me. Solo was a lot better in that regard, and it was a better movie.

I'll be curious how the next one is in regard to social commentary content.
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

Style
    Bjj
    Well i think solo was a classic case of give what the fans want but done terribly. If you were going to see a film about han solo youd be excited because hes such an awesome character. Hes a smuggler and gambler so it makes sense the film has alot of action but at the same time it shouldnt be expendables level action. The irony is people want to see it because of solo. Sounds like he was drowned out by everything else.

Style
    MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Well i think solo was a classic case of give what the fans want but done terribly. If you were going to see a film about han solo youd be excited because hes such an awesome character. Hes a smuggler and gambler so it makes sense the film has alot of action but at the same time it shouldnt be expendables level action. The irony is people want to see it because of solo. Sounds like he was drowned out by everything else.
    It was definitely the movie that felt most like it was trying to pull from the old Star Wars extended universe novel, which I have been told some people are upset about not being the basis for the new movies.
    Rob-legged Darth Maul shows up, Teras Kasi shows up, etc.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    The perfect excuse for failure: white males are bigots.

It hits all the right notes.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Page 4 of 4 First 1234