Style
    Jits

Martial arts instructor choked schoolboys until they collapsed unconscious

A martial arts instructor choked terrified pupils until they collapsed unconscious.

Steven Grant, 29, put two schoolboys in choke holds cutting off their air supply.

The boys had to be revived with smelling salts but Grant offered to buy one of the boys a McDonald’s meal if he let him repeat the “dangerous” manoeuvre.

Police were brought in when the teenagers told their parents how they passed out in the class.

The mother of one of the boys said it was lucky no one was killed in Grant’s lessons.

The judge in the case called for a nationwide investigation into martial arts classes run by unqualified instructors.

Prosecutor Robin Rouch said: “One of the boys turned up at the lesson angry after falling out with another boy and wanted to knock him out.

“Grant said he would show him what it felt like to be knocked out.

“He demonstrated it on the older boy who was put in a choke hold from behind.

“The next thing he was aware of was waking up on the floor.

“He came around in a state of panic and needed smelling salts.

“Grant offered to show him again and said he would buy him a McDonald’s if he did it.”
    Source: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...lboys-14697126

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Of all the fucking ignorant mass hysterical "fake news" hyperbolic bullshit. Seriously **** the UK, crossing that **** off my bucket list.

Style
    Cardio
    Judge Walters said it was remarkable that martial arts lessons could be given by someone whose only training was learning the sport for themselves.
    ^ ?????

Those parents need to get a grip
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    ****, I've been choked out a bunch of times. Kids in my high school used to do that to each other for fun.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Cardio
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    ****, I've been choked out a bunch of times. Kids in my high school used to do that to each other for fun.
    lol we used to play that game too. a few deep breaths for a head rush and then your mate chokes you out. Had as couple of people go into convulsions when unconscious and that just added to the hilarity.

I have also been choked out in class as a noob. This was done in a controlled manner so we can recognise the signs later on and get an early tap in, so the instructor wasn't dealing with a pile of unconscious white belts in every class.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Yep. It was always weird how some people went into convulsions and some didn't.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.