Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ

Systema In a Real Fight

I guess since glam metal is back, it was just a matter of time before ultra-deadly Systema made a come back too.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    So I watched some of the shooting stuff in slow speed to see the impacts. I'd always thought that the purpose of the big orange circle in the middle was to hit it. This guy seems to be intent on getting as far from that as possible while still putting lead on steel. Must be some kind of odd Russian shooting method I'm not familiar with.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I guess since glam metal is back, it was just a matter of time before ultra-deadly Systema made a come back too.
    Saw this couple of days before. Still think it looks like "how to be a bully looking cool at it" the way the setup and execution of techniques is shown.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Does the bald guy with the budding Buddha-belly have any real-world experience as LEO/military ?

I'd like to see some more realistic attacks in his demos.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Does the bald guy with the budding Buddha-belly have any real-world experience as LEO/military ?

Here is his facebook. It doesn't say:
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...1%3A1527096382

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post

H/T Halfcut for helping me find this:
    Les cours sont dispensés par Benjamin, instructeur 2eme degré (senior instructor), élève de Vladimir Vasiliev et Mikhail Ryabko.
    Benjamin a plus d'une dizaine d'années d'expérience dans divers arts martiaux civils ou militaires.
    Il a été formé et entraîné au Systema militaire, et enseigne donc aussi à ce titre le maniement des armes, le tir de combat, et les tactiques militaires.
    Il a été formé et entraîné par des officiers des unités d'opérations spéciales russes, du GRU, du groupe Alpha, du FSB, et a également été entraîné par des instructeurs du SAS anglais, du COS français, et de l'USSOCOM américain.
    Il entraîne ponctuellement des unités des forces armées et de la police.
    Benjamin est également instructeur de parachutisme, et totalise plus de 2400 sauts confirmés à son actif.

Classes are taught by Benjamin, a senior instructor, a student of Vladimir Vasiliev and Mikhail Ryabko.
    Benjamin has more than a decade of experience in various civil and military martial arts.
    He was trained and trained in the military system, and thus also teaches how to handle weapons, combat fire, and military tactics.
    He was trained and trained by officers from Russian Special Operations Units, GRU, Alpha Group, FSB, and was also trained by instructors from English SAS, French COS, and US USOCOM.
    He occasionally trains units of the armed forces and the police.
    Benjamin is also a skydiving instructor, and has more than 2400 confirmed jumps to his credit.
    https://www.systema.team/instructeur

Personally I'm pretty much calling BS on all of his mil training.

Style
    Judo

They even kind of admit that all he did is the "Systema military training", obfuscating the fact by naming the alleged quality of his "trainers", i.e. the military background of guys that led the seminars he bought his participation into.

Also, lol at "more than a decade of experience in various civil and military martial arts". That's really not something to boast with. Rather pityful if it's not several decades, considering the range of abilities and training he claims to have.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Falenay View Post
    They even kind of admit that all he did is the "Systema military training", obfuscating the fact by naming the alleged quality of his "trainers", i.e. the military background of guys that led the seminars he bought his participation into.

Also, lol at "more than a decade of experience in various civil and military martial arts". That's really not something to boast with. Rather pityful if it's not several decades, considering the range of abilities and training he claims to have.
    Well, if I claimed the military backgrounds of everyone that I have trained under and with I would totally sound so bad ass. Though that doesn't mean that any of it actually translates into what I'm currently doing, but it sounds really cool on a resume. Even better if I claimed the LEO/Mil/Security professions of some of the people I currently help instruct I would sound even more bad ass. Again it would be a stretch(though honest) and you never know, they may use some of the take downs I teach eventually in an actual situation.

Of course, being a part of actual competitive sports, its easier, more verifiable and more legit to simply point to the guys I've helped train who now are winning championships. Then I don't have to stretch as much. I mean part of it is the technique I teach and part of it is their natural talent, and hard work, but there is a more 1:1 correlation.

That is the difference between a legit MA that competes and a fake one I guess.

Style
    Muay Thai
    You lot clearly haven't been in a real self defense situation where you and your mates have to rush a guy from behind who was doing literally nothing to you.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ

Reminds me of an Italian guy we discussed here a while back. Except I think the Italian guy was actually in the Italian military for a while.

Especially this guy is a civilian who does system a and tell has contact with former military people and says he trains with them.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 2 12 Last