Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
    Style
    Thai Kwon Greco Kun Jitsu

Dit Da Jow for sore Jiu Jitsu fingers?

I started doing BJJ with a gi and have sore finger knuckles. I've started icing them and ordered tape on Amazon.

In the meantime, would Dit Da Jow be useful on my fingers after training?

I bought some at a Shaolin Kung Fu school but never got around to using it. The guy told me I could accidentally stop someone's heart if I properly trained in the iron palm technique and used the ointment, so I don't want to waste it. Should I save it for my shins?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_flippy View Post
    I started doing BJJ with a gi and have sore finger knuckles. I've started icing them and ordered tape on Amazon.

I bought some at a Shaolin Kung Fu school but never got around to using it. The guy told me I could accidentally stop someone's heart if I properly trained in the iron palm technique and used the ointment, so I don't want to waste it. Should I save it for my shins?
    Gargle with it.

Style
    Chinese Boxing

One of our members here does dit jow. None of that stupid heart stop bullshit. Each one is a bit different. I'll bring him aboard on this thread.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Give it a shot- I sometimes use it for sore hands from paddleboarding and it helps me. Of course, dit da jow is not a uniform product- there are variations between batches even with the same ingredients, and there are a lot of different recipes, so its a little bit of a medicinal crapshoot.

If any bullies are near San Diego, I'm happy to hook you up with a sample jar of the stuff I make.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    One of our members here does dit jow. None of that stupid heart stop bullshit. Each one is a bit different. I'll bring him aboard on this thread.
    Member Dale Dugas' Tiger Exits the Forrest is in my refrigerator.

note to self - almost empty

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Member Dale Dugas' Tiger Exits the Forrest is in my refrigerator.

note to self - almost empty
    You refrigerate yours? Hmmmm.

Dit Da Jow for sore Jiu Jitsu fingers?

Lmao!

So yea. There are always the wholistic idiots at martial arts gyms. I had people telling me to use all kinds of crap to fix my “pulled muscle” in my leg which turned out to be a bulging disk in my back that may require surgery to fix. My point? Use basic common sense first aid. RICE. If that doesn’t work...go to the doctor. Don’t be afraid of bengay, but know what it does. It doesn’t FIX anything. It just alleviates the pain. If all you need is some relief from the symptoms? Whatever works as long as you aren’t spending more than at the local CVS.

Anyway. For your fingers? Grow a set? Lol. No. But seriously. It will likely go away. If it is bad? Like so bad you can’t move them? Then Ice it if you got bad inflammation and make sure you didn’t mess anything up. If it is just raw? That is normal. Your hands will get tougher. If you are a heart/brain/spinal surgeon? Stop doing jiujitsu and protect your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by remington50; 5/22/2018 12:55am at .

Broken Kung Fu Repair Man supporting member

Style
    South Mantis
    Ice is no longer used in RICE. Ice is no beuno when it comes to injuries. You want to move the dead blood, lymph and other fluids that are stagnated at the injury site. So warm is better after the initial 24-48 hours to remove the initial swelling.

Dit Da Jow increases circulation where applied and will cause systemic circulation cause more oxygenated blood to come to the injured area along with analgesic herbs that help deal with pain naturally.

DO NOT LISTEN to Neanderthals who say NO PAIN NO GAIN or other medical FUBAR shite.

Always listen to your body and do no harm to yourself or your students.

Bruises are hematoma (blood clots) and theoretically can break apart and travel to your heart. lungs and brains and kill you.

Dit Da Jow/Die Da Jiu is not a placebo. It is not faith based and it is not magic.

It is chemistry and science wrapped up in Botany and Biology.

Broken Kung Fu Repair Man supporting member

Style
    South Mantis
    Oh yeah...

I am a licensed Acupuncture Physician and Doctor of Oriental Medicine in Florida.

FYI

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mor Sao View Post
    Oh yeah...

I am a licensed Acupuncture Physician and Doctor of Oriental Medicine in Florida.

FYI
    I love you so much, but you make my head hurt Dale...

*edit*

For clarity those words in that order normally make me want to throat punch people once I scratch the surface. Dale on the other hand ... I don't know. He has always been cool, just a little nutty. Real consistent which is unique for nutty.

I still wanna see him actually slap someone in defense of self... like I don't wish you harm Dale but ... man I can't think of anything funnier than Dale literally smacking someone fucking loopy with intent.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 5/22/2018 8:30am at .
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last