Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP

Open carry of swords in the US

Sadly gun control seems to have come back as an election year topic. We're past the hey day of laws becoming more supportive of open carry and self defense of the past few years.

The thing is, at that time, it seemed like as a society we were starting to move towards open carry of swords as being socially acceptable, as a kind of piggyback on open carry of rifles. I read that in Texas state law allows for open carry of swords.

Does anyone know what locales allow for legal open carry of swords in the United States?

Maybe if society got used to seeing swords as a gentleman's fashion accessory ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_sword ) as well as a tool for exercise and low-level self-defense, some things would change in terms of the strong emotional reaction there seems to be from some cultures towards the general idea of weapons.

I know that in some parts of Europe, jewelry type small swords are still worn for certain ceremonies. So why would anyone have a problem with someone running around with a dapper smallsword in the US?
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 5/17/2018 12:07pm at .
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Sadly gun control seems to have come back as an election year topic. We're past the hey day of laws becoming more supportive of open carry and self defense of the past few years.

The thing is, at that time, it seemed like as a society we were starting to move towards open carry of swords as being socially acceptable, as a kind of piggyback on open carry of rifles. I read that in Texas state law allows for open carry of swords.

Does anyone know what locales allow for legal open carry of swords in the United States?

Maybe if society got used to seeing swords as a gentleman's fashion accessory ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_sword ) as well as a tool for exercise and low-level self-defense, some things would change in terms of the strong emotional reaction there seems to be from some cultures towards the general idea of weapons.

I know that in some parts of Europe, jewelry type small swords are still worn for certain ceremonies. So why would anyone have a problem with someone running around with a dapper smallsword in the US?
    Ummm..yeah so that's just what society needs, nutbags with swords. Let's be serious only a fuckwit would carry a sword in public. It takes an absolute ****-ton of training to be anywhere near self-defense worthy with a sword. 99% of people aren't going to do that which means it would end up as a novelty carry item.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ummm..yeah so that's just what society needs, nutbags with swords. Let's be serious only a fuckwit would carry a sword in public. It takes an absolute ****-ton of training to be anywhere near self-defense worthy with a sword. 99% of people aren't going to do that which means it would end up as a novelty carry item.
    Wait what? I call bullshit. Sticking'em with the pointy end when they are unarmed seems pretty easy.

That's a bit like saying you need to be a major leaguer to swing a bat at someone.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    I have to side with Rayce. I don't want to be anywhere near a healthy adult male with a 30" knife that means me harm.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]