Style
    Dog Brothers Martial Arts

Irish Stick Fighting

Style
    all things in Moderation
    That is an amazing article thanks for the link Crafty!

With video at the bottom!
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    That was a very interesting article. The grip is similar to the Krabi Krabong grip, only they don't hold it the same way. Grip up on the stick but not holding it along the arm. Pretty interesting. I've got a dog brothers krabi krabong stick, I'll play with it a little and see what happens. I've always wanted one of those irish sticks, but it is hard to find decent, authentic ones. I thought I was going to buy one for about $70 but then reviews seem to think they were fake.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    I'll also mention the author of that article has fought in at least one of the Canadian Dog Brothers Gatherings, doing Irish stick.

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    Thanks for that. Minor thoughts, Blackthorn sticks are still used by SNCOs in Irish Regts both in the Irish Army and the Royal Irish Regiment in the British Army.

Then, there's Hurling...Christ! but you've got to be tough and skilled to play that.

Style
    MMA
    Hurlers and Gaelic footballers are tough mofos. You don't see them crying on the ground for getting tripped like normal footballers, and they make very little being amateurs.

Although this Irish Stick fighting seems good for the preservation, it's virtually unheard of here, and seems to be a reconstruction.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15150299

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Man! I've never heard of Hurling before. That looks like a cool sport. I played Rugby in college and my kids play Lacrosse now. It kind of looks like a mixture of the two.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    it's bonkers and that cork and leather ball can take your eye out - it travels so very, very fast.

As for Gaelic football...well, very tough game!