Page 15 of 15 First ... 51112131415
    Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    I was doing research in an attempt to prove that Frank Dux and Ashida Kim were phonies, and whichever search engine I was using at that time led me here.
    I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Just realised next January will be a decade on here. Cheers.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Just realised next January will be a decade on here. Cheers.
    fookin noob
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

I was going to make a joke post since I've been here from day 0, but this is relevant and I honestly don't think I've ever shared this story in the 16+ years of this site's history.

The first time I uttered the word "Bullshido" was in an argument with my starter wife way back in the 90's after a game of "Bushido Blade" in which she wouldn't admit I kicked her ass. Coincidentally this happened right around the time I'd been dragged to a self defense class by a few of my Army buddies, run by a wheelchair-bound "Hapkido Master" in an unused apartment complex's community center. (Shortly after that we got our hands on bootleg copies of Rorion's BJJ tapes and started crappling amongst ourselves).

The word would lurk in the back of my brain until the day McDonald's threatened to sue us for IP infringement (McDojo.com).

Then I trademarked it and the rest is history.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I was going to make a joke post since I've been here from day 0, but this is relevant and I honestly don't think I've ever shared this story in the 16+ years of this site's history.

The first time I uttered the word "Bullshido" was in an argument with my starter wife way back in the 90's after a game of "Bushido Blade" in which she wouldn't admit I kicked her ass. Coincidentally this happened right around the time I'd been dragged to a self defense class by a few of my Army buddies, run by a wheelchair-bound "Hapkido Master" in an unused apartment complex's community center. (Shortly after that we got our hands on bootleg copies of Rorion's BJJ tapes and started crappling amongst ourselves).

The word would lurk in the back of my brain until the day McDonald's threatened to sue us for IP infringement (McDojo.com).

Then I trademarked it and the rest is history.
    I think your avatar has been punching itself in the face for the past decade...

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I think your avatar has been punching itself in the face for the past decade...
    That is some damn good discipline.

Style
    dead lifting
    I had dabbled in karate as a kid, then got into competitive powerlifting in my teens to mid twenties. Pretty much had forgotten about martial arts.

In my late twenties I needed some extra money and a freind got me into bouncing/security work. I live in a small drunken tourist party town, so there are a lot of those jobs. I decided I needed more training and got involved in various grappling arts off and on for the next decade.

So even though my powerlifting background and basic Jiu Jitsu had served me well and had saved me from great bodily harm for many years I decided I needed to learn the “REAL DEADLY”. The BJJ place I was going to also had a Krav Maga class, after about two weeks of learning the deadly Israeli martial art I thought WTF....Went home and googled “is Krav Maga bullshit” and the rest is history.

Page 15 of 15 First ... 51112131415