Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789

Style
    Muay Thai
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Yeah everyone thinks it is like never back down with the music and the hot girls and the cool lifestyle. The reality is you get up too early and then have a sweaty man sit on you and punch you in the face.
    Is your idea of a cool lifestyle going to a high school where everyone's social standing is for some reason based entirely on their ability to fight, and then scrapping in rich kids' parents' mansions?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandem View Post
    Is your idea of a cool lifestyle going to a high school where everyone's social standing is for some reason based entirely on their ability to fight, and then scrapping in rich kids' parents' mansions?
    Yes and not going to jail for it. That would be nice.

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    Little off topic but I think there is an expectation which probably comes from the way things like MMA are portrayed on what a mixed martial artist should look like. Whenever the conversation comes up with my wife's friends or family what I do for fun. MMA is the first one to mention "what's MMA?" Cage fighting. "You don't look like a cage fighter" what's a cage fighter look like?.
    Back in the very late 80s I went to a tournament at another city that would select for the national karate team. I was talking at a cafe with my two teammates, two big, beefy guys when the waitress asked what kind of athletes we were. The guys puffed out their chests answering "karate". The waitress asked "you too?" pointing at me. Yep, I said. "With that scrawny body?" she finished. I kinda never lived that down.

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Yes and not going to jail for it. That would be nice.
    Amber Heard. That was what was really nice about that whole movie scenario.

Style
    Kickboxing, MMA, Happytho
    Quote Originally Posted by ksennin View Post
    Back in the very late 80s I went to a tournament at another city that would select for the national karate team. I was talking at a cafe with my two teammates, two big, beefy guys when the waitress asked what kind of athletes we were. The guys puffed out their chests answering "karate". The waitress asked "you too?" pointing at me. Yep, I said. "With that scrawny body?" she finished. I kinda never lived that down.
    Doesn't much help that I'm probably the most laid back and least threatening person you'd ever meet. Pretty jovial by nature that even my family members tend to laugh there arses off at it. Though most of my instructors don't look like hardarses either. Think the days of the muscles up skin head beefcakes of the sport has quite died down but the public perception hasn't.

Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789