Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

I demand an update to this gloriously amusing thread.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I demand an update to this gloriously amusing thread.
    No update yet, as we are still are in the theoretical portion and haven't gotten to the practical. The anatomy instructor has stopped talking trash on BJJ/GJJ. Though the other students have taken up the cause.

The skinny 30yr old virgin Booj guy was going off today on how GJJ/BJJ is just a weak watered down version of Nin Jutsu and was trying to prove it via Japanese.

The head instructor who is a legit red belt in Mas Oyama lineage and a 4th Dan Judoka, looked at the guy and said, "That's a big strong Jujitsueira sitting there, I sure hope you can back all that up when we get to the practical.". The Ninja went 5 shades paler then he already was.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    The "equivalence" is in the definitions of blue BJJ and most other black belts. Either confers recognition that the awardee has a working knowledge of the basics of his art, and is competent to assist in instruction. Now, that could apply to knowledge of a useful art, or strip mall grabassery, but that's a separate issue.
    Fair enough. Don't mind me much, I am just being whiny again because I had to assist at a crappy BB test.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    No update yet, as we are still are in the theoretical portion and haven't gotten to the practical. The anatomy instructor has stopped talking trash on BJJ/GJJ. Though the other students have taken up the cause.

The skinny 30yr old virgin Booj guy was going off today on how GJJ/BJJ is just a weak watered down version of Nin Jutsu and was trying to prove it via Japanese.

The head instructor who is a legit red belt in Mas Oyama lineage and a 4th Dan Judoka, looked at the guy and said, "That's a big strong Jujitsueira sitting there, I sure hope you can back all that up when we get to the practical.". The Ninja went 5 shades paler then he already was.
    What do you mean no update? Booji talking **** then realizing he’ll have to back it up might be the best update ever... 2nd best. Best will be if and when it actually happens.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456