Page 36 of 36 First ... 263233343536
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Got my first aid and CPR card in the mail today. Which was a quick turnaround, so with my other exams done, that is me finishing up all the requirements.

Gotta say, on the first aid thing, I feel kinda ripped off. One of my neighbors is something important in MDA, and it turns out the reason I was assigned to the 44 hour class and tests for the in person stuff was because I was the only 28hr person who signed up this go around. So yeah that meant I had to take the 44hr test.

However my certificate is only for 28. Part of me kinda feels like maybe I should have gotten the 44hr one since I did all the more complicated stuff.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Got my first aid and CPR card in the mail today. Which was a quick turnaround, so with my other exams done, that is me finishing up all the requirements.

Gotta say, on the first aid thing, I feel kinda ripped off. One of my neighbors is something important in MDA, and it turns out the reason I was assigned to the 44 hour class and tests for the in person stuff was because I was the only 28hr person who signed up this go around. So yeah that meant I had to take the 44hr test.

However my certificate is only for 28. Part of me kinda feels like maybe I should have gotten the 44hr one since I did all the more complicated stuff.
    I feel dumb asking this, but is there no appeal process you can leverage? Or, would you rather just accept it for what it is so you can move on with the actual teaching part?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

You probably have to take the 28 hour course as a prerequisite for the 44 hour course...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    You probably have to take the 28 hour course as a prerequisite for the 44 hour course...
    No. You just have to pay more money and do 2 months of online learning instead of 1.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I feel dumb asking this, but is there no appeal process you can leverage? Or, would you rather just accept it for what it is so you can move on with the actual teaching part?
    I could probably fight with MDA about it if I really wanted to. However, I don't need a 44hr course(that is more for life guards and such). My paramedic neighbor says that it really doesn't matter. If the EMT's show up and need help, they aren't going to check my card first so long as I appear half competent. So for now I'm not going to worry about it.

Style
    judo hiatus
    One of the more entertaining and in the end enlightening threads here lately.

+11 on the Bs dial.

Mossad rocks. MDA stumbling in the dark.

Page 36 of 36 First ... 263233343536