Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT

Hypothetical question about grading.

This is a tad of an hypothetical question least for the moment. I'm going into grading for the kickboxing him learning under the ICO. Now I know I'm not going to be in Barnsley for ever, the job will move as it inevitably does. Though I'm going to try and puruse the same style through ICO associated clubs whenever the job moves and try and keep the progression going.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever done this and if they had any trouble continuing their grading at other clubs. I've just got a fear that I'll start getting through this style and having to start all over again in another year an half.
    Last edited by Sovvolf; 5/03/2018 7:39am at .

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    That's always a risk, however if you have reasonable instructors that are under the same umbrella, I wouldn't see it being too much of an issue. At the end of the day, does your grading matter so much as what you are able to do, though? Consider your goals. Do you want to earn a black belt, or do you want to be a badass capable martial artist who can defend himself and others?

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    That's always a risk, however if you have reasonable instructors that are under the same umbrella, I wouldn't see it being too much of an issue. At the end of the day, does your grading matter so much as what you are able to do, though? Consider your goals. Do you want to earn a black belt, or do you want to be a badass capable martial artist who can defend himself and others?
    It's not so much the care of the belt. It's just a colour to me. Just most martial arts schools I've been to with a belt like system tend to have lessons restricted to certain belts like intermediate or advanced.

It's just a shame to think I'd go through and get into the more advanced lessons only to start back restricted to the beginners classes again.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    If that were to happen, it would quickly be evident that you are more advanced than the rest of the class and they would move you. If they don't enjoy pounding the noobs and focus on perfecting your technique.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    That's a fair comment. I could only hope. Thats the problem with a job that often requires working away from home. I tend to spend a long time in the beginners class to beginner class. Either it be Karate, Kickboxing, PKA or Muay Thai.