Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567

Thread: Corey Boren

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeriver101 View Post
    Fair enough, his wife knows about kenpo and Kajukenbo. She has her own life to tend to as well as 30+ sped students, and their caseloads.
    Greetings sir. I apologize if I’m pointing out something obvious. It occurs to me that this thread concerns Mr. Boren. It is not now, and has never been about his wife.

If we stop bringing her into the discussion, she will not be a part of it.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    KenJu Ryu Tae Soo Mu Do,

Brife Back Ground on Mr. Boren

I see this thread is about my Instructor of 20 years Mr. Boren. I ran on of Mr. Boren Schools in Denver for 10 years and now I run his school in Sacramento whom I took over from Jon. the Information on DOJOlocator is way out of date. Yes he has a so called Garage Dojo in Hanford Ca, that is due to the parks and recs department building having structural damage done to it and not being safe for any activities. Most of the activities were either canceled or relocated. He was lucky enough to move into a temporary "garage' to teach keeping the majority of his students. As for the Hapkido goes as you can see Mr. Boren hold a 5th degree Black belt in Hapkido under GM John Long. Long and Boren have had a rocky past and split a while back, GM Noah Kim sought out Mr. Boren and invited him to Join the Jonsu Hapkido to help grow the organization. Yes it fairly new, Mr. Boren is 1 of 135 Master in the Organization to help it grow. That is where that come into play. Now I see you have verified His hall of fame from 2014, and his 7th in EPAK and from this out dated incorrect resume from the KOA you can see that his legit in Kajukenbo. The KOA verifies everything!
    Now about Tang Soo Do. Yes he was under John Long (1995-2012) who was under GM Chung Jhoong Kim Dan # 161. Like I stated above Long and Boren had a rocky past and a falling out and separated and Boren left and went to the World Tang Soo Do Association (2012-2013). Due to political reasons Mr. Boren left the Association and went back under GM Chung Jhoong Kim. In 2017 Jhoong promoted Boren to 7th. Now you asking how is that so when he started in 1995 the years to add up. Itís because of Hwang Lee Ho (Aka GM Hwang Lee) who was actually the co-founder of Tae Soo Moo Do (Tae Soo Mu Do). Hwang Lee Ho was a direct student of Gm Kim from 1961 to 1978 in Tang Soo Do. From 1969 to 1978 Kim, Lee, and Suk Lee Hun founded the Korean Martial Arts Society Mokpo South Korea, were they started teaching Tae Soo Mu Do. GM Kim and GM Hwang Lee Ho immigrated to the US in 1979 and started teaching it here in the US. In 1998 Mr. Boren meet GM Hwang Lee Ho 3 years after he started Tang Soo Do. Since Tae Soo Mu Do was based off of Tang Soo Do and Gm Hwang Lee Ho was a Direct Student of Gm Kim, GM Kim knew UN doughty Mr. Boren earned his right of passaged and was not going to make him wait 7 years of a 7th Dan. Till this day under the guidance of GM Chung Jhoong Kim Mr. Boren still does Tae Soo Mu Do.
    As you verified already he was inducted into the USHOF in 2014 but if you go back and look in 2017 you will see he was inducted again. For Distinguished Instructor. He was also inducted into the USAMAHOF for Martial Artist of the Year. And he was personally Nominated for and achievement award by the founder of the USAMAHOF Jim Thomas this year and he will be inducted in The United States Martial Arts Association Hall of Fame for Golden Life time Achievement award.
    So yes Mr. Boren has hatter because he has been successful and he can back his claims up, heck you guy proved to your selves his Kajukenbo and his Kenpo. He is now under GM Tony Collins in Akuma Ryu Kenpo Karate not EPKK that was typo on whoever type his bio out. Iím sure in time Mr. Boren will come to this ridiculous post and do the same thing I am and tell you the same thing I am and go in more detail. But he is my instructor and a good friend and I am going to defend him no matter what. People talk trash all the time and they never seem to get anything out of it. He has proven people wrong time and time again. We all believe He or us have nothing to prove to the cyber world. In the real world He has a great reputation both nationally and internationally. He has worked hard at what he has with all of his school and his organizations. He has help countless people in several communities. He has been recognized by local and state officials for his conduct and for his contributions. So he is not famous like major Martial Artist or a Legionary Icon, so what if he hasnít been in a magazine or on the cover, or in the movies or made instructional videos or have and internet presents, there are lots of martial artist who have become very successful without the presets of the internet. This is how He started and he became successful without the internet. Believe me we all tell him we should go internet and Iím sure he will in time. He all ways has a plan. He has a book coming out this summer called The Evolution of the Arts, Story of the Masters. Will it be a big hit? Who Knows?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravan1369 View Post
    I see this thread is about my Instructor of 20 years Mr. Boren. I ran on of Mr. Boren Schools in Denver for 10 years and now I run his school in Sacramento whom I took over from Jon. the Information on DOJOlocator is way out of date. Yes he has a so called Garage Dojo in Hanford Ca, that is due to the parks and recs department building having structural damage done to it and not being safe for any activities. Most of the activities were either canceled or relocated. He was lucky enough to move into a temporary "garage' to teach keeping the majority of his students. As for the Hapkido goes as you can see Mr. Boren hold a 5th degree Black belt in Hapkido under GM John Long. Long and Boren have had a rocky past and split a while back, GM Noah Kim sought out Mr. Boren and invited him to Join the Jonsu Hapkido to help grow the organization. Yes it fairly new, Mr. Boren is 1 of 135 Master in the Organization to help it grow. That is where that come into play. Now I see you have verified His hall of fame from 2014, and his 7th in EPAK and from this out dated incorrect resume from the KOA you can see that his legit in Kajukenbo. The KOA verifies everything!
    Now about Tang Soo Do. Yes he was under John Long (1995-2012) who was under GM Chung Jhoong Kim Dan # 161. Like I stated above Long and Boren had a rocky past and a falling out and separated and Boren left and went to the World Tang Soo Do Association (2012-2013). Due to political reasons Mr. Boren left the Association and went back under GM Chung Jhoong Kim. In 2017 Jhoong promoted Boren to 7th. Now you asking how is that so when he started in 1995 the years to add up. Itís because of Hwang Lee Ho (Aka GM Hwang Lee) who was actually the co-founder of Tae Soo Moo Do (Tae Soo Mu Do). Hwang Lee Ho was a direct student of Gm Kim from 1961 to 1978 in Tang Soo Do. From 1969 to 1978 Kim, Lee, and Suk Lee Hun founded the Korean Martial Arts Society Mokpo South Korea, were they started teaching Tae Soo Mu Do. GM Kim and GM Hwang Lee Ho immigrated to the US in 1979 and started teaching it here in the US. In 1998 Mr. Boren meet GM Hwang Lee Ho 3 years after he started Tang Soo Do. Since Tae Soo Mu Do was based off of Tang Soo Do and Gm Hwang Lee Ho was a Direct Student of Gm Kim, GM Kim knew UN doughty Mr. Boren earned his right of passaged and was not going to make him wait 7 years of a 7th Dan. Till this day under the guidance of GM Chung Jhoong Kim Mr. Boren still does Tae Soo Mu Do.
    As you verified already he was inducted into the USHOF in 2014 but if you go back and look in 2017 you will see he was inducted again. For Distinguished Instructor. He was also inducted into the USAMAHOF for Martial Artist of the Year. And he was personally Nominated for and achievement award by the founder of the USAMAHOF Jim Thomas this year and he will be inducted in The United States Martial Arts Association Hall of Fame for Golden Life time Achievement award.
    So yes Mr. Boren has hatter because he has been successful and he can back his claims up, heck you guy proved to your selves his Kajukenbo and his Kenpo. He is now under GM Tony Collins in Akuma Ryu Kenpo Karate not EPKK that was typo on whoever type his bio out. Iím sure in time Mr. Boren will come to this ridiculous post and do the same thing I am and tell you the same thing I am and go in more detail. But he is my instructor and a good friend and I am going to defend him no matter what. People talk trash all the time and they never seem to get anything out of it. He has proven people wrong time and time again. We all believe He or us have nothing to prove to the cyber world. In the real world He has a great reputation both nationally and internationally. He has worked hard at what he has with all of his school and his organizations. He has help countless people in several communities. He has been recognized by local and state officials for his conduct and for his contributions. So he is not famous like major Martial Artist or a Legionary Icon, so what if he hasnít been in a magazine or on the cover, or in the movies or made instructional videos or have and internet presents, there are lots of martial artist who have become very successful without the presets of the internet. This is how He started and he became successful without the internet. Believe me we all tell him we should go internet and Iím sure he will in time. He all ways has a plan. He has a book coming out this summer called The Evolution of the Arts, Story of the Masters. Will it be a big hit? Who Knows?
    Nobody is attacking Corey W. Boren in this thread.

USMAHOF is a pay-to-play sort of organization if I'm not mistaken.

USMA is also pay-to-play.

Can you list his schools and organizations?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Thank you, Ravan1369, for your information. Nobody here is on a mission to discredit Mr. Boren. There is no trash talking going on here. The original post raised some questions, based on allegedly questionable activities observed; all we are interested in is the truth.

You've apparently read enough of this thread to know that is the case, which means that you also have read enough to know that your affirmations - while reflecting honor on yourself and exhibiting your great respect for Mr. Boren - mean nothing much, here. We deal in facts, and at this point, precious few facts have been shown.

I have extended an invitation to Mr. Boren to set the record straight. As of right now, he hasn't accepted that invitation. I sincerely hope that he does. Unlike other websites, such as Facebook, information related here is indelible. We strive to provide the world with honest and credible information about all martial arts. All we can say, right now, is that there are unsourced claims about Mr. Boren, and we have invited him to clear them up.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravan1369 View Post
    So is this the school you run?
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/West-Win...=page_internal

Is that you in the picture or is it someone else?

Also it would appear that your listed website is down.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Gentleman,

I apologize for not responding sooner to requests for information. For some reason I have not gotten notifications of posts here, so I was unaware as to how far the thread has progressed.

As far as my motivations, this fellow has come onto at least a dozen sites in the last month, soliciting members for his organization.

When his accounts of his ranks did not seem right, and NONE of his instructors could be verified or even one shred of proof they even are alive or ever existed.

He also gave conflicting accounts of when, where, and who he studied with and on each page he visited claimed he was an expert in the art that the page featured.

In addition, when various people questioned his claims, he would say he would send the info, but never provided it - choosing instead to send nasty messages and quit the group and move on to the next one.

So, if I have an ax to grind it is simply to prove or disprove his claims because he is representing himself as a master of all these styles and asking people to join his federation(s).

I hope this helps.

The link to his bio is

http://www.koakajukenbo.com/koa-memb...ng-corey-boren

Click on Miscellaneous Information

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Can you provide links and/or screenshots of his contradictory claims? I know Facebook is useless, so if you haven't gotten them, you probably won't be able to now. Any appearances on fora?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Can you provide links and/or screenshots of his contradictory claims? I know Facebook is useless, so if you haven't gotten them, you probably won't be able to now. Any appearances on fora?
    He has blocked me so I am unable to see the past posts or whatever current ones he has going, but I will do what I can to find some of them.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567