Style
    all things in Moderation

Domestic Terrorism in America

"Three Kansas Men Found Guilty Of Bomb Plot Targeting Somali Muslim Immigrants" ---April 18, 2018
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...lim-immigrants

Just a day after beginning deliberations, a federal jury found Curtis Allen, 50; Gavin Wright, 49; and Patrick Eugene Stein, 49, each guilty of one count of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction as well as one count of violating the housing rights of their would-be victims.

Wright was also convicted of lying to the FBI.

All three men face life in prison.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions called the verdict "a significant victory against domestic terrorism and hate crimes."

The men were arrested in 2016 just weeks before prosecutors say they had hoped to carry out mass murder at the apartment complex the day after U.S. voters elected the next president.

Prosecutors say the men, part of a militia group called the Kansas Security Force, prepared a manifesto saying their attack "would wake people up."

Prosecutor Risa Berkower said at the trial, "They wanted to send the message that Muslims are not welcome here not in Garden City, not in Kansas, not in America," reports KCUR.

The men were charged following a months-long FBI investigation and sting operation.

Court documents say they then settled on 312 West Mary Street in Garden City, a cluster of eight buildings housing more than 100 people mainly East African immigrants, KCUR's Frank Morris reported for NPR.

The cooperating witness also made secret recordings revealing the men "discussed and refined their plan," which consisted of parking four explosive-filled vehicles at each corner of the complex, ensuring that it would "level the building and kill its occupants," according to the U.S. attorney's office in Kansas.

Some of the recordings were played for the jurors.

"The only good Muslim is a dead Muslim," Stein allegedly said in one conversation, Morris reports.

But defense attorneys argued that the men's words were constitutionally protected free speech and did not amount to a conspiracy.
    I got the highlight but there are some great quotes Jeff Sessions (of all people) and some interesting bits I didn't quote.

Expect more of these I have a great number of them book marked.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Grapple
    Devil is gonna love this
    King without a crown

Style
    all things in Moderation
    "Man Arrested for Illegal Guns Belongs to Neo-Nazi Group That Wants ‘Ethnostate Rape Gangs’
    An Illinois man busted for owning guns without a license appears to have threatened a judge and a Jewish preschool, according to leaked online chats."
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-ar...ate-rape-gangs
    An openly racist and anti-Semitic group, Patriot Front originated from Vanguard America, a neo-Nazi group that gained national attention after the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia last year. James Fields Jr., a man who allegedly drove a car into a crowd of anti-racist protesters at the rally, was seen marching with Vanguard America. Patriot Front’s members split from Vanguard America later that month.

In leaked audio chats, Patriot Front members openly talk of their ideal, all-white fascist state, in which “ethnostate rape gangs” would allow them to rape freely. Members also advocated violence against black people and mocked the death of Heather Heyer, the young woman murdered at a white supremacist rally last August.

The April 7 tip came weeks after the media collective Unicorn Riot published Patriot Front’s leaked chat logs. In the logs, a user name “Hussar” described himself as living in the same Illinois country as Zak, where, like Zak, he lived with his parents, a similarity previously highlighted by activist Emily Gorcenski. “Hussar” made threats against a judge and posted pictures of anti-Semitic flyers he claimed to have placed outside a preschool for Jewish girls. He posted a picture of a .40 caliber Glock pistol. In leaked audio logs, a Patriot Front member describes himself as owning the gun, plus four other semi-automatics: the same number of semi-automatics seized from Zak’s home.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994