I need help with my grappling

​​​​I got in a beef with a guy that i know and it went physcal to the level of grappling but not punching so we started wrestling and it ended with him tapping on my knee,after that he was stubborn saying i was lucky because neither me or him have any grappling experience and it was all based on our instinct and we agreed to wrestle tomorrow again,so now i need help from you guys im afraid because i didnt know what i was doing i have no idea how i ended up in a position where his head was locked in by my shoulder and knee,also a thing i need to mention he is taller than me

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Welcome, NG. First, don't go rolling around without instruction. Nobody on the internet is going to get you skilled enough, by tomorrow, to not get injured.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Newgrappler156 View Post
    ​​​​I got in a beef with a guy that i know and it went physcal to the level of grappling but not punching so we started wrestling and it ended with him tapping on my knee,after that he was stubborn saying i was lucky because neither me or him have any grappling experience and it was all based on our instinct and we agreed to wrestle tomorrow again,so now i need help from you guys im afraid because i didnt know what i was doing i have no idea how i ended up in a position where his head was locked in by my shoulder and knee,also a thing i need to mention he is taller than me
    Lol what......? Ok listen close.
    Step 1. Dont grapple him again. Say you would rather be lucky than good, maybe it was luck? Besides,What has he done to earn a rematch? Tell him to go wrestle another weird kid that asks dumb questions on the interwebs and if he wins you may give him a rematch.

2.Ask your mom to sign you up for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

3. Talk to the wrestling coach at school and say you wanna start working out with the team and join.

4. Enjoy yourself competing and dont get in fights.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Lol what......? Ok listen close.
    Step 1. Dont grapple him again. Say you would rather be lucky than good, maybe it was luck? Besides,What has he done to earn a rematch? Tell him to go wrestle another weird kid that asks dumb questions on the interwebs and if he wins you may give him a rematch.

2.Ask your mom to sign you up for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

3. Talk to the wrestling coach at school and say you wanna start working out with the team and join.

4. Enjoy yourself competing and dont get in fights.
    Rayce isn't kidding and this all excellent advice. A little condescending, but you know sometimes it is unavoidable when giving excellent advice.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Kendo
    What Rayce said, except that you should also consider judo. That is, if what you want is to learn how to grapple. If you just want some trick to beat another kid one time, we can't help you.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    For the low low price of $120 I'll get you started with your first private lesson, but:

You'll need to know what I'm talking about. We'll need to discuss terminology. That requires a lecture private prior to the private. That'll be $120

You'll need an actual demonstration of what Ive told you after I've told it to you. This will be the private leading up to the prior stated private. That'll be another $120.

So I need $360.... whenever you get a chance....