Page 13 of 13 First ... 3910111213
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    What also does not fly as defense is being awakened by noises in the dead of night, getting up with a revolver to investigate, and being confronted by an intruder stalking up the stairs to the second floor. That happened when I first moved here. The 20+ year Navy vet homeowner was eventually allowed to plea to some felonies for time served, and had to surrender a 25k or so gun collection.
    People's Republic of Massachusetts apparently.

I suppose he was supposed to climb out the fire escape ladder.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Muay Thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Both of those dictionaries are from England. They think the "H" in herbs isn't silent. They cant be trusted.
    >"battle of English knowledge"
    >"nah bro we can't trust English dictionaries"

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandem View Post
    >"battle of English knowledge"
    >"nah bro we can't trust English dictionaries"
    Agreed, they spell gray with an "e". They call cops bobbies and dont even say ya'll.
    They're wild and crazy.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Agreed, they spell gray with an "e". They call cops bobbies and dont even say ya'll.
    They're wild and crazy.
    The term copper is originally used in Britain to mean "someone who captures". (In British English the term Cop is recorded (Shorter Oxford Dictionary) in the sense of 'To Capture' from 1704, derived from the Latin 'Capere' via the Old French 'Caper'.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_officer

And, speaking as a native Texan, it's y'all, not ya'll.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_officer

And, speaking as a native Texan, it's y'all, not ya'll.
    Samsung auto corrected to ya'll for some reason. I agree.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    People's Republic of Massachusetts apparently.I suppose he was supposed to climb out the fire escape ladder.
    Said intruder turned out to be unarmed. Officially, the homeowner was supposed to hide in his bedroom and call the cops at every bump in the night, and positively ascertain the intruder was an imminent threat to life before employing lethal force. So. flip on the light, and yell "hey dude on the stairs, ya'll got any guns? Cuz I do!" Which is, as I mentioned before, pretty much the exact same standard for use of lethal force outside the home. The law only removes, theoretically, the duty to retreat. In practice, if there's a good chance to escape, you're not facing a particularly imminent threat anyway.""OTOH, when an attempt was made at unarmed robbery when I was delivering pizzas, the officer taking the report asked if he had a weapon. I said, "no, I have a LTC and a .40. If he'd had a weapon, we'd be having this discussion next to his body." The officer snickered, and said "good!"
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Samsung auto corrected to ya'll for some reason. I agree.
    Blame the Chinese or Google (or you misspelled it once and it remembered).

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Said intruder turned out to be unarmed. Officially, the homeowner was supposed to hide in his bedroom and call the cops at every bump in the night, and positively ascertain the intruder was an imminent threat to life before employing lethal force. So. flip on the light, and yell "hey dude on the stairs, ya'll got any guns? Cuz I do!" Which is, as I mentioned before, pretty much the exact same standard for use of lethal force outside the home. The law only removes, theoretically, the duty to retreat. In practice, if there's a good chance to escape, you're not facing a particularly imminent threat anyway.""OTOH, when an attempt was made at unarmed robbery when I was delivering pizzas, the officer taking the report asked if he had a weapon. I said, "no, I have a LTC and a .40. If he'd had a weapon, we'd be having this discussion next to his body." The officer snickered, and said "good!"
    I see what you mean...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3910111213