Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    MMA
    So I've been dealing with an arm injury as well (a touch of the ol' tennis elbow), and it sucks. My main strategy: replace what you Can't Do with more of what you Can Do.
    Being down an elbow means no grappling, no punching, no upper body lifts. Consequentially, my weight routine went from an exhaustive strength regimen to "mostly squats." I picked up Muay Thai again, with the caveat that when doing padwork, the other guy only holds for kicks and knees. I still do sword fighting occasionally, but now have to fight with my non-dominant hand.
    Staying active is as important for you mental health as for your physical. I'm sure you can find a way to keep moving without fucking up your arm any further.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Got a mate of mine who had to quit TKD because of maningacocle where his arms and legs fell off.. I spoke to him today and he is going to try his first day back.

It is **** because there is now no way I can gripe about an injury.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    cultural appropriation
    So guys, just an update on the situation. Ive been keeping a track on how Ive felt on the mat with the news of my back, and that seems to be the reason Im not feeling right most of the time. Strong painkillers are helping me feel more normal, and trying them before I go on the mat, I feel fine, though hits to the lower gut tend to suck a bit more because of where the hernia is. Ive had thorough checks on pretty much everything, and it seems that elbow likely still has inflamation where I broke it, pinching the nerve in the same way my back is pinching. Knowing what it is has given me a sense of peace with the situation, though Im still doing everything I can to manage the pain and keep training.

In some ways, it's given me a bit of a chance to look at things and think of back up plans should I not be able to continue to train as I have done up until now.

'If judo competition isnt an option can I look into teacher training?' if I cant do that, would boxing be an option?' I've already taken up escrima now as I have time now Im not doing about three hours of karate into kickboxing into mma back to back, and while I realize weapons aren't exactly the number one priority, it's still interesting.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    So I've been dealing with an arm injury as well (a touch of the ol' tennis elbow), and it sucks. My main strategy: replace what you Can't Do with more of what you Can Do.
    Being down an elbow means no grappling, no punching, no upper body lifts. Consequentially, my weight routine went from an exhaustive strength regimen to "mostly squats." I picked up Muay Thai again, with the caveat that when doing padwork, the other guy only holds for kicks and knees. I still do sword fighting occasionally, but now have to fight with my non-dominant hand.
    Staying active is as important for you mental health as for your physical. I'm sure you can find a way to keep moving without fucking up your arm any further.
    Tennis elbow? Seriously...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    So guys, just an update on the situation. Ive been keeping a track on how Ive felt on the mat with the news of my back, and that seems to be the reason Im not feeling right most of the time. Strong painkillers are helping me feel more normal, and trying them before I go on the mat, I feel fine, though hits to the lower gut tend to suck a bit more because of where the hernia is. Ive had thorough checks on pretty much everything, and it seems that elbow likely still has inflamation where I broke it, pinching the nerve in the same way my back is pinching. Knowing what it is has given me a sense of peace with the situation, though Im still doing everything I can to manage the pain and keep training.

In some ways, it's given me a bit of a chance to look at things and think of back up plans should I not be able to continue to train as I have done up until now.

'If judo competition isnt an option can I look into teacher training?' if I cant do that, would boxing be an option?' I've already taken up escrima now as I have time now Im not doing about three hours of karate into kickboxing into mma back to back, and while I realize weapons aren't exactly the number one priority, it's still interesting.
    You're confusing me so you got pain in your lower back because of some sort of pus pocket probably due to an ingrown hair.

But you've also got some sort of other lower back problems that you may need surgery for correct me if I'm wrong.

What the f*** is the diagnoses and what's the treatment to get better before you start deciding what you can train it where you can't train it being a teacher when you're basically intermediate level at something or the other at best.

So you need to either the antibiotics are going to fix the pus pocket it will be drained then what?

Come on let's have some of that vaunted British Healthcare System fix you up with something besides pain pills and antibiotics.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 2 First 12