Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT

Yet Another School Shooting: Great Mills, MD

Style
    Cardio
    You're right, the details are sketchy. On the surface, this one sounds like a personal attack but I've no idea how long the shooter was around before being contained. It reads like it all went down pretty quick.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Updates:

Shooter: student, deceased
    Killed: shooter + 0
    Wounded: student, male (1), female (1)

No motive established, yet. No AR established, yet. SRO exchanged fire, unclear if his/hers was the fatality for shooter.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...477374093.html

Style
    xingyi
    Uh oh, this is going to be drama filled.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ool/440981002/

Gunman at Maryland high school dies after armed school officer intervenes; 2 others injured
    Yes, not a teacher, but people are balking at armed teachers or any guns on school campuses. Can't wait for Trump to use this as proof. No, a one off is not proof.

King of The Island of Misfit Toys supporting member
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Yes, not a teacher, but people are balking at armed teachers or any guns on school campuses. Can't wait for Trump to use this as proof. No, a one off is not proof.
    It's not a one off. It's still low odds though.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Yeah, I can already see myself using the "see, a gun in the school stopped multiple deaths," argument.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Resource officers should be the ones with guns. They are the ones (in theory) with training and job skills to handle things like this.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    It's not a one off. It's still low odds though.
    For Mass shootings, random guy helping officers and etc. yes, but not an active school shooting. If I overlooked one please get it because I'd love to add it to my debate chest. I know about mass shootings or preemptive accounts, but not one where shooting started and the person was stopped by a gun on a school campus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/u...-teachers.html

Yes, I know it is semantics, but people are stupid so I argue within their context. Mass shootings and school shootings are the same damn thing, one just adds more emotional rhetoric to the argument. No one really marched for the Las Vegas adults, everyone lost their minds for the kids.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Resource officers should be the ones with guns. They are the ones (in theory) with training and job skills to handle things like this.
    To Fake's point: Parkland. Multiple guns with training on scene, no intervention.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I don't know about you, but when I was in school I had a few teachers who had been in the military.
    "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last