Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Kendo

Question for Dog brothers.

https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=127675

I've asked about this to Crafty Dog on the thread above but since he told me to give it a new thread on that topic not to mess his thread up, I'm starting this one.

https://zerogym.modoo.at/?link=bw9en7zi

Recently I came across this site of an MMA gym which surprisingly offered kali classes and claimed to be an affiliate of the Dog brothers. I don't think its fake since I cant really see them getting any merit out of that claim (Try finding someone who knows the Dog brothers here in Korea. Meh....). However, I'm asking for a confirmation since they don't seem to be on the list of training groups on the dog brothers homepage.

Style
    Dog Brothers Martial Arts
    Thank you for the heads up on this.

I asked on the DBMA FB page if anyone knew how to read Korean and some people put it through translation programs-- which generated some seriously glitchy English. Hard to say for sure, but it could be what they are trying to say is they will be trying to use what the DBMA/DB do.

I will be emailing them and asking what they think they are doing and why they are using the DBMA logo.

Style
    Kendo
    So they're not legit.

Style
    Kendo
    I might do some translation here.

The dog brothers has been mentioned on their site 2 times on two different posts and this kinda looks like a red flag.

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostSearchL...45908;스

Link for someone who wants it.

국내에서는 고양시 일산의 제로멀티짐이 도그브라더스협회에 가입하고 도그브라더스의 기술 및 수련체계를 도입하고 있습니다. 단, 기술적 관점에서 도그브라더스의 무기술과 맨손타격, 그래플링의 조화를 추구하는 시스템을 받아들이되 맨몸 라탄스틱 스파링과 같은 하드코어한 부분은 일단 배제하고 수련하는 방침을 가지고 있습니다. 즉 스파링시에는 여타 칼리아르니스 단체와 마찬가지로 스펀지스틱 등의 안전장비를 사용합니다.

- In Korea, Zero multi gym of Goyang city, Ilsan has been introducing the training methods and techniques of the Dog brothers as a member of them. However, only the technical aspects of the Dog brothers which focuses on the coupling of bare hand striking, weapons and grappling will be incorporated into our training, which means hardcore stuff like no-protection sparring will not be a part of what we do. We use safe sparring gear like padded sticks.

I don't know much of the Dog brothers, but what are the requirements of being a member?

Style
    DHKimo:

Thank you.

I wrote James Stacey (you've seen him in "A DB Gathering of the Pack"-- he's the one being tackled into the tree) whose wife is Korean. He reports back:

"Sang said it is an article about the Dog Brothers featuring the 2015 gathering of the pack. They do not claim anything about teaching or fighting. It is more informative about the Dog Brothers. Sang said that it is a positive article."

However given your URL it would appear that she may be looking at the other article. Armed with the URL you provide, I have written back and asked for her to read the other article and report back. Given your translation "as a member of them", it would appear that something may be amiss. I await hearing back from James's wife.

Style
    Kendo

Any news?

The two posts are still on their page 10 days after you wrote your last reply, and in that time I shared the information regarding this supposedly fraudulent gym on the "krav maga gallery" on "DCinside" which is an open-to-all internet forum that also covers martial arts.

Hello from Korea

Quote Originally Posted by dhkim030203 View Post
    The two posts are still on their page 10 days after you wrote your last reply, and in that time I shared the information regarding this supposedly fraudulent gym on the "krav maga gallery" on "DCinside" which is an open-to-all internet forum that also covers martial arts.
    안녕하세요. 제로멀티짐 서규식 대표입니다. 우연히 이 글을 발견하고 의문점에 대해 답변드립니다.
    저는 오래전부터 도그브라더스의 수련시스템에 관심을 가지고 있었고 최근 도그브라더스협회에 온라인 가입했습니다. 도그브라더스에 온라인 가입하면 매월 월회비가 자동이체되며 세미나영상, 비디오레슨 등을 자유롭게 열람할 수 있습니다. 현재 이 영상자료들을 토대로 제 수련시스템에 도입을 연구중이며 올해 안에 도그브라더스의 캠프, 세미나 등에 참가하고 가능하면 개인레슨도 받을 계획입니다.(도그브라더스와 아직 미협의)
    이와 관련해 데니"크래프티 독"마르크 도그브라더스 대표에게 이메일을 발신했으나 아직 확인 전인 것으로 확인됩니다.

Hello guys, I'm Kyushik Seo the head instructor of the Korean MMA gym, who introduced dog brothers on the Korean blog.

I used to be a kickboxer and now I train Kickboxing and MMA mainly and I also trained Kali. I have been interested in Dog Brothers for long time. And I recently joined DBMA assiciation online. Now I'm working on the video lessons and I'm planing to take seminars or personal training from certified instructors of Dog Brothers in U.S.A. within this year(maybe this summer).
    I sent an e-mail on this issue to "Crafty Dog" but I guess he didn't see it yet. This is the e-mail I sent him.
    Anyway, thank you for your interest, DHKim.
    ==============
    Hello, sir.

I'm Kyushik Seo from Korea who has joined DBMA association recently. Here I copy and paste an e-mail from DBMA recently.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings Kyushik !
    From The Dog Brothers Archives!

Rigan Machado trains the legendary SEAL Team 6 - February 1991 - Assisted by Marc Denny.
    https://dogbrothers.com/module-1/rigan-machado-1991-seal-team-6-training-assisted-by-marc-denny/
    Enjoy
    All the best.
    Bob.
    ====================
    Robert Burgee
    EDGES2, INC.
    Technical Director
    https://dogbrothers.com
    240-338-1610
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a martial artist/instructor and running my own gym in Korea.

I train kickboxing and MMA mailnly, also I trained Kali and have instructor license from SAYOC FIGHTING SYSTEM International Philippines.
    I'm studying on dog brothers techniques with dob brothers videos on the website(members only contents) and I'm planning to visit headquater to take some personal training or seminar within this year. I'd like to introduce dog brothers to Korean martial arts practitioners.
    So I introduced my plans on my blog and some Korean guys must be interested. Recently I came across some web postings that says somebody asked you about me. They say this is your response:
    -------------------------------------------
    Thank you for the heads up on this.
    I asked on the DBMA FB page if anyone knew how to read Korean and some people put it through translation programs-- which generated some seriously glitchy English. Hard to say for sure, but it could be what they are trying to say is they will be trying to use what the DBMA/DB do.
    I will be emailing them and asking what they think they are doing and why they are using the DBMA logo.
    -------------------------------------------
    I didn't recieve any e-mail about this issue. So here I explain just in case in advance why I used DBMA logo with my blog posting.
    I will be working on the video's and I hope I see you in the near future.
    Thank you.

Kyushik Seo
    Last edited by K.S.Seo; 3/30/2018 1:17am at .

Style
    Kendo
    아, 가입이라는 단어 때문에 오해가 생긴 것 같군요. 상세한 사실을 제로멀티짐 카페 혹은 블로그에 올려 주셨으면 합니다.

Style
    That is very helpful Kyushik Seo, thank you.

You are right, I did not see your email. May I ask you to write me again at [email protected] ?

Thank you,

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by dhkim030203 View Post
    아, 가입이라는 단어 때문에 오해가 생긴 것 같군요. 상세한 사실을 제로멀티짐 카페 혹은 블로그에 올려 주셨으면 합니다.
    This is an english forum. What you said roughly translates to
    Quote Originally Posted by googles
    "Oh, the word joining seems to have caused a misunderstanding. I would like you to upload the details to the Zero Multi Gym cafe or blog.
    Please include a translation like your other posts.

*edit*
    Its early leave me alone!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Page 1 of 2 12 Last