Style
    Dog Brothers Martial Arts

De Campo 1-2-3 offered

Posting with permission this FB PM which came to me:

Dear Guro Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny:

Good day!

I am affiliated with the De Campo 1-2-3 Original system of Arnis/Kali/Eskrima (stick/blade fighting), under the tutelage of Guro Paolo Pagaling and Master Jomalin Caballero. The system was founded by the undefeated Juego Todo champion Grandmaster Jose D. Caballero in 1925, and is widely recognized as the core of other systems such as LAMECO and JDC-IO.

We in the Philippines greatly admire the mission vision and accomplishments of the Dog Brothers. Your style of fighting- no-holds barred, and anything goes- echoes the glory of the deathmatch duels dominated by GM Caballero and his meteoric strikes.

Our organization humbly requests for your support in patronizing the "Learn123" project initiated by Guro Pagaling in conjunction with Master Caballero. The project enables users to learn the system curriculum online via detailed instructions from Master Pagaling, with clips of techniques in slow motion as demonstrated by Master Caballero.

In order to get a preview of our system, the first video (Fundamentals) is free. The videos can easily be understood by beginners and advanced practitioners alike. Beginners will benefit from body and striking mechanics emphasized by the system, while advanced practitioners can add the techniques, footwork, and other nuances of De Campo 1-2-3 Original to complement or enhance their core system/art. The other videos are available upon purchase, at a reasonable price of US$19 each.

Truth be told, the only reason why we are offering these instructional videos for purchase is to alleviate the financial problems of the Caballero family. The family has insisted that they do not want to resort to charity; thus, Master Pagaling has dedicated his skills in web development and multimedia editing to create a suite of instructional videos. The Caballero family receives a significant portion for every online video purchase, while Guro Pagaling also receives a share of the proceeds due to his investment in the project.

We hope you can assist us by purchasing the videos and/or making this project known to more students, practitioners, and ranked officials of your organization.

The project website is: https://decampo123.org/learn123/

Sample techniques may be viewed in the De Campo 1-2-3 Original Facebook page.

Maraming salamat po sa inyo, pugay! (Thanks so much, honor/salutations to you!)

Style
    Greetings Raymundo:

A pleasure to hear from you.

In case you do not know, I trained with Punong Guro Edgar Sulite as a private student from his arrival in the United States in 1989 until his untimely passing. The stroking pattern he called "Eskrima 5" comes from De Campo and is a great favorite of mine and is one I use frequently in my teaching.

In the early 2000s I had the opportunity to train in De Campo here in Los Angles with a Filipino gentleman who impressed me greatly. He handled his cocobolo (or was it bahi? I don't remember) stick with greater speed and precision than I with my rattan. I asked to be accepted as his student.

While he considered my request, he came to one of our "Dog Brothers Gatherings of the Pack" and saw upon our banner our phrase "Smuggling concepts across the frontiers of style". Because of this he was afraid that I would use De Campo thinking to the glory of other systems and so declined to accept me as a student.

I was very sad because I liked him and what he showed me.

And so now I am happy to have a chance to learn what I can through the videos.

I have watched the first one, and have purchased the next one.

Style
    judo hiatus
    I could get on board with this. For a good cause + I'm getting old and my collection of sticks from PI are collecting dust.

edit

Sadly, no DB group in Oklahoma.

Style
    Hungry Joe:

Forgive me a moment of advertising but may I offer for your consideration joining the Dog Brothers Martial Arts Ass'n? see www.dogbrothers.com

Over 1,000 Vid-Lessons, a friendly community based around a very active forum (I am there answering questions all the time) and much more. My advertising pitch is simple "Give us two months and we will have your hooked!"

PG Crafty Dog/Marc

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    I used to be a member of the Dog Brothers Martial Arts Ass'n. Dropped off after I tore my ACL and meniscus stick fighting. :) But have still be training since my recovery. I've got most of the DBMA videos and had ordered a few of the digital videos when they first came out. I love all of lonely dog's workout stuff also.

I watched the free video that De Campo 1-2-3 offered free and am going to get the second one. I liked the first one, it wasn't ground breaking or anything, but the next one may have some cool stuff. Either way, it's fun to see different perspectives. The first video didn't offer much in the way of footwork. But interesting. And of course, I would like to support what is going on with the family.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.