Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last
  1. #1
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,236
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1

    Package Bombs in Austin Texas.

    The headline reads "Package Bombs Are Killing People in Texas but Donald Trump Hasn’t Said a Thing. There’s a Reason for That." Blaming Trump is a little ludacris. It seems to me like the local police are the ones failing to properly deal with this situation and alert in the correct Federal Agencies. But pointing out Trump's Administration failure for the lack of response is on point on some level. Considering the how is easy it is to Tweet out a "Thoughts and Prayers" and condemnation of terrorist activities.

    But I am more worried about the local response and lack of Feds on the scene. We can figure out why people feel like they can bomb minorities after we catch the bombers and ask them.

    https://theintercept.com/2018/03/15/...package-bombs/

    The bombs seem to be very sophisticated and the attacks coordinated.

    Here is another story specifically on the bombs themselves.

    "Austin bombs were sophisticated, with motion-based detonators and shrapnel: Sources"
    http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/austin-...ry?id=53718661

    Any of our Texan Bullies have any info or links they wish to share?
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  2. #2
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    4,610
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    The headline reads "Package Bombs Are Killing People in Texas but Donald Trump Hasn’t Said a Thing. There’s a Reason for That." Blaming Trump is a little ludacris. It seems to me like the local police are the ones failing to properly deal with this situation and alert in the correct Federal Agencies. But pointing out Trump's Administration failure for the lack of response is on point on some level. Considering the how is easy it is to Tweet out a "Thoughts and Prayers" and condemnation of terrorist activities.

    But I am more worried about the local response and lack of Feds on the scene. We can figure out why people feel like they can bomb minorities after we catch the bombers and ask them.

    https://theintercept.com/2018/03/15/...package-bombs/

    The bombs seem to be very sophisticated and the attacks coordinated.

    Here is another story specifically on the bombs themselves.

    "Austin bombs were sophisticated, with motion-based detonators and shrapnel: Sources"
    http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/austin-...ry?id=53718661

    Any of our Texan Bullies have any info or links they wish to share?
    This is a local outlet I try and check daily. They have been covering it.
    http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/austin

    The FBI and ATF are here, as I have an acquaintance who lives one street over from one of the bombs. He was home when it went off. He said it shook the windows and it was a lot louder than a shotgun blast. He went outside, as did many neighbors. He said the FBI was on the scene pretty quickly and he ever got interviewed. He said he saw ATF guys around too.

    The first two bombs had black people as victims, so there was some speculation that it could be a hate crime. The last bomb the victims were not black. I've heard there is a connection (I cant recall how close) between two of the victims. There is also speculation it could be drug related.
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

  3. #3
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,236
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    This is EXACTLY why I was asking for more links and info. Info good, ignorance and assumptions bad. I could smell something off in the first article's reporting.
    Thanks 1bad65.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  4. #4
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,236
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Not seeing anything getting returned on the mail bombs when I search the site http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/austin
    ...
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  5. #5
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    4,610
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Not seeing anything getting returned on the mail bombs when I search the site http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/austin
    ...
    Not sure what you mean. Can you please rephrase it?

    I will say I don't think they've had a new story on it in a day or two, but there hasn't been any news happening. No bombs, no new info, etc.

    They had been reporting on it when new news was breaking on it.
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

  6. #6
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,236
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Can you please rephrase it?

    I will say I don't think they've had a new story on it in a day or two, but there hasn't been any news happening. No bombs, no new info, etc.
    I couldn't find any old articles either. Kept getting articles on older (years) events or different locals. Totally likely I am not using their site properly.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  7. #7
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    4,610
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I couldn't find any old articles either. Kept getting articles on older (years) events or different locals. Totally likely I am not using their site properly.
    I did a search and found some. Here ya go. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. I used the search icon (magnifying glass) in the upper right, fyi.

    http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/aust...hborhood-.html
    http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/aust...xplosions.html
    http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/aust...in-austin.html
    http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/aust...entified-.html
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

  8. #8
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    19,995
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    This is EXACTLY why I was asking for more links and info. Info good, ignorance and assumptions bad. I could smell something off in the first article's reporting.
    Thanks 1bad65.
    Perhaps if you checked FOX NEWS...


    Look, what does that say on the back of his jacket ?
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/13...formation.html

    How 'bout on the back of that jacket ?
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/12...re-linked.html
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #9
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,236
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    3
    Improper keyword searches on my end, thanks again 1bad65. Should have been package not mail.

    Dear BKR,
    Eat a bag of floppy, but miniature, gelatin penises.
    Plz K thnx.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  10. #10
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    19,995
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Improper keyword searches on my end, thanks again 1bad65. Should have been package not mail.

    Dear BKR,
    Eat a bag of floppy, but miniature, gelatin penises.
    Plz K thnx.
    Dear Backfistmonkey,

    Please just get over your anti-Fox News bigotry. It's unbecoming such an intelligent, fair-minded simian such as yourself.

    Yours truly,
    BKR
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in