Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Ex-Karate
    That is extremely pricey - if you don't want to do hard impact throws etc - why don't you look at boxing? Cheap as chips as the saying has it. You mentioned that you have done it before so should know what to expect.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    it sounds like you should pose your OP to a medical professional familiar with you and your condition.
    I hate to say it, but if you can't walk, there's certainly no useful martial arts training available. Do yoga for flexibility and a little strength training maybe, but, yeah, clear anything with a doctor.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

hey all
    thanks
    looking backing into boxing, but if they do a lower fitness one
    but prob see docs before i go back, i can walk and run but not long before its really painful

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo1234 View Post
    hey all
    thanks
    looking backing into boxing, but if they do a lower fitness one
    but prob see docs before i go back, i can walk and run but not long before its really painful
    You definitely want to check with your doc if you are recovering from serious injuries or impairments not probably.

All good striking comes from your feet. Whether you are punching or kicking sooo your legs will be under non-usual stressors. I wasn't kidding about cycling or swimming if your legs are truly screwed at the very least it will give you something low impact to build off of... and they are really fun.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    I'd say, take up weight lifting. Shave your head and grow a beard. Bulk up pretty decent and look mean. That will probably work out best for you if you can't walk or run.

If you are dead set on martial arts, look into stick or knife fighting. But, while striking is generated from the feet, stick fighting isn't necessarily. But it is super dynamic as far as footwork and moving in space. Knife work a little less. Balintawak may be a good start. They focus a lot more on striking patterns over footwork at the beginning.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo1234 View Post
    i uses to do kickboxing/boxing and judo for long time
    I hurt myself awhile ago now and can no longer do them again or hard styles that would require hard leg work or taken downs on
    i wanted to start on new but have to find a lighter style
    can you help
    the main ones around me taekwondo/karate/wing chun/aikido/hapkido/capeoira/japense juitsu/
    BJJ is around me but too expensive £70 month for one hour a week £120 for unlimited

or is there any other style u can think of worth doing
    Holy ****, is an hour a week all you're able to attend, or is that the going rate? The top guys in the UK don't even charge that for a seminar.

We're a Gracie one known to be dear, but it's £45 unlimited for beginers and £60 for advanced every day but Sunday.

hey all
    thanks for advice
    went back to docs he adviced against hard sparring/competition stuff and martial arts like
    found a local cheap club that does escrima/wing chun/jkd/aikido who learnt from a student of dan inosanto
    cheap at £65 month unlimited so decided to take escrima back up, what i loved doing and just do the other class for fun,
    there dumb but fun and may learn little from them

Page 2 of 2 First 12