Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    His ideas on trade are from the left-ish . The multi-national companies that run our government (republican congressmen in particular)will never let these sorts of things happen. Why do we protect the Saudi government? Because Exxon.
    And he is too mentally scattered now and has the wrong party in Congress to get things like this done.
    And that explains current and past trade policy back for quite a ways...

Trump IS getting old...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    People are dumb.

You are using logic and the people that were stock piling ammo were not.
    Also, the market must be just about saturated with AR parts and whole rifles by now, and most folks that want one already have one (or a whole gunsafe worth of them, or multiple lowers bought say, privately...)

It's a YUGE industry...the situation with unfinished lowers, and perhaps the whole 3D printing thing on the horizon (for lowers, the only regulated item), has taken the pressure off.

That plus AKs and SKS availability, I can see why folks are no that worried about it.

Even if a ban and turn-in order went into effect, the guvment couldn't find all of the parts and whole rifles...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    What benefit would that serve him?
    Reinforce his sense of exclusivity when he can have concealed carry pieces but the common man cannot?

Honestly his policies seem kind of random and ever-shifting. Perhaps he's scatterbrained?
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Also, the market must be just about saturated with AR parts and whole rifles by now, and most folks that want one already have one (or a whole gunsafe worth of them, or multiple lowers bought say, privately...)

It's a YUGE industry...the situation with unfinished lowers, and perhaps the whole 3D printing thing on the horizon (for lowers, the only regulated item), has taken the pressure off.

That plus AKs and SKS availability, I can see why folks are no that worried about it.

Even if a ban and turn-in order went into effect, the guvment couldn't find all of the parts and whole rifles...
    I sincerely doubt there will ever be a mandatory rifle turn in. I would guarantee the ATF had a mass Exodus if they were ever told To go collect rifles from law abiding citizens

Style
    BJJ, Wing Chun
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    So, back when Obama was president and floated or implemented fairly modest gun control measures, such as trying to prevent the importation of inexpensive Communist surplus firearms from the Cold War, there was a frenzy of buying of guns and ammunition. I remember entire shipments of ammunition disappearing the same morning they arrived in Wal Mart. Not only .223, but even stuff like 9mm and .45 ACP, you basically had to order from outside of the United States in bulk in order to have any for training, sports, and so on.

Now, here we are, with Donald Trump being apparently much more openly receptive to "gun control" than Obama had been, breaking with the NRA moreso than any other Republican president probably would have, advocating a bump stock ban, and so on and so forth. You also have more grassroots political movement towards the old Democratic gun control platform, the apparent making of a Democratic wave in upcoming elections, and the general trend of young people being less invested in 2a rights and possibly being prejudiced against them due to coverage and politics of mass shootings.

It's kind of ironic that Trump had the NRA endorsement and a tremendous amount of support from the NRA in terms of very favorable coverage in their magazines and so on (I remember one magazine telling NRA members they had to "have his back"), and yet moreso than any other Republican he seems less receptive to them and more likely to verbalize disagreement towards them. I'm actually surprised there isn't more commentary on this.

Trump's feelings on firearms are probably closer to Obama's than many think. They're both urban people. 2a advocacy is in many ways a rural issue.

No frenzied purchasing of firearms or ammunition. Apparently no sense that there will be gun control or an "assault weapons ban". Why?

What are people thinking?

EDIT: I meant that like, help me understand what people are thinking. As in, what am I not understanding or seeing? It wasn't a rhetorical question implying criticism of anyone.
    I've spoken to several owners of gun shops and they have all mentioned being slammed over the past few weeks so I'm not sure your perceptions (on current gun sales) match the reality on the ground. I personally know 5 people (not including myself) who bought new AR's over the past few weeks...and none of them was a first AR for any of them.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I've spoken to several owners of gun shops and they have all mentioned being slammed over the past few weeks so I'm not sure your perceptions (on current gun sales) match the reality on the ground. I personally know 5 people (not including myself) who bought new AR's over the past few weeks...and none of them was a first AR for any of them.
    Guns and ammo are cheap as **** right now. That’s all you need to know to understand where we stand on supply vs. demand. I just bought my kid an M&P 15 for $550. I paid over a grand for a very similar rifle while Barry was president.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    I sincerely doubt there will ever be a mandatory rifle turn in. I would guarantee the ATF had a mass Exodus if they were ever told To go collect rifles from law abiding citizens
    I do not think it's something will happen anytime soon, at least. If rifles (AR or othewise) were made "illegal", anyone owning one that refused to give it up would no longer be "law-abiding". There are bills in the House right now to ban "assault weapons"...btw...just in case you did not know. It would be problematic for the ATF for sure, and larger action would have to be taken, no doubt.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Guns and ammo are cheap as **** right now. Thatís all you need to know to understand where we stand on supply vs. demand. I just bought my kid an M&P 15 for $550. I paid over a grand for a very similar rifle while Barry was president.
    Yep, and you can get less-nice one's cheaper...

I've got a lower, I am musing about building an AR as a father-children project. As if we don't have enough going on already, but, WTF...

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Guns and ammo are cheap as **** right now. Thatís all you need to know to understand where we stand on supply vs. demand. I just bought my kid an M&P 15 for $550. I paid over a grand for a very similar rifle while Barry was president.
    Check buds guns for AR pistols. They are almost all sold out on all of them. That seems to be the thing this scare has been sending people to buy. Those same people probably already own three other "assault rifles".

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...cat=580&page=2

Page 3 of 3 First 123