Style
    boxing, gjj

California to add recycled sewer water to the state reservoirs

California’s water regulation agency approved new measures Tuesday that will allow recycled water – water that once ran through the sewers – to be added to the state’s reservoirs, The San Francisco Chronicle reported.

The new rules are expected to be implemented by 2023.

"This is a type of indirect potable use — it's not treated recycle water that goes directly to someone's house," said Miryam Barajas at the Water Board. "It's highly treated."

She says the new regulations could potentially affect all 36 of California’s reservoirs that serve as the main source of the state’s municipal drinking water.

The regulations are the result of a two-year public review process in which an expert panel decided that the regulations were necessary for public health and to supplement existing drinking water supplies with recycled water.

San Diego is at the forefront of a sewer-to-reservoir operation that the rest of the state will likely follow.

The board is working to implement “direct potable reuse” – a process by which treated recycled water is added directly into a drinking water system.

Source:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/07...eservoirs.html
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Interesting, I am surprised that they weren't already doing this. In a lot of places, recycled water is higher clarity/purity/whatever than the first pass.

I thought California was supposed to be the champion of going green, how is it they're just now recycling water?? Oh well whatever water they save will just be stolen by Magnum PI for his avacato farm.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    My hometown was doing that for a while during the big drought of the past few years.

El NINO saved the day though...
    https://ourtexaswater.org/projects/w...-reuse-project

The dropped it though after the rains came...
    http://keranews.org/post/wichita-fal...-reuse-project
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Oh, and the treated water from in our town goes right into the Kootenai River, which is our secondary source of drinking water.

Not to mention a lot of fish....
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    street paddleboarding
    I'll let you know how the recycled water tastes.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    This will be the norm in a decade or two. Get used to it.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    Bjj
    Im pretty sure they do it here in some parts of australia, they were going to do it in my state when there was a drought for a good number of years.