Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnypbjj View Post
    ill say that anyone that I know in the Colorado Springs area does not talk to Mike Flores when it comes to BJJ *hint hint*
    I will say that you are spot on about the lack of information on the website about him or his credentials.

There was some bad dealings between him when he was white belt/blue belt in 2013/14 that saw him removed from two different gyms in the local area. After that I lost touch with any of his dealings until he resurfaced recently. There was also a lot of fishiness associated with his promotion to brown (following a quick trip to Brazil) and opening of a gym in the Springs.
    okay, as this is in MABS this is a serious discussion so *hint hint* and "fishiness" won't cut the standards.

Which gyms was he removed from?
    When did he go to Brazil?
    Has he competed at Brown, purple and blue belt and under whose banner?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I got bored ...

You talking about these guys?
    https://www.dcfightersusa.com/about

I don't see anything about their instructors or program specifics, or videos... or photos. Which is always a red flag... not so much the lack of media but the lack of information available on Mike and anyone else who is teaching or what they are teaching.

and that it is all that is under programs
    https://www.dcfightersusa.com/programs

If anyone cares could you grab any photos off https://www.facebook.com/DCFightersUSA/ albums? I don't bookface but I am pretty sure there is more gold in them their hills based on the lack of more "permanent" stuff on their site.
    I will say that you are spot on about the lack of information on the website about him or his credentials.

There was some bad dealings between him when he was white belt/blue belt in 2013/14 that saw him removed from two different gyms in the local area. After that I lost touch with any of his dealings until he resurfaced recently. There was also a lot of fishiness associated with his promotion to brown (following a quick trip to Brazil) and opening of a gym in the Springs.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ

Really you have to do better than this. Either make firm accusations and back them up with substantiated evidence, or drop it. Red bars on colored belts is totally a thing, and I can provide you with picture evidence of it being done in very legit gyms and associations.

If all you have to show possible BS is someone getting red bar on their colored belt, and that being captioned as instructor's tab, that is so thin as to be terminally anorexic. There are associations that don't give black belts red tabs unless they are instructors in the academy, and likewise give purple and brown belts red tabs as they are instructors. So far there is nothing to see here.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Really you have to do better than this. Either make firm accusations and back them up with substantiated evidence, or drop it. Red bars on colored belts is totally a thing, and I can provide you with picture evidence of it being done in very legit gyms and associations.

If all you have to show possible BS is someone getting red bar on their colored belt, and that being captioned as instructor's tab, that is so thin as to be terminally anorexic. There are associations that don't give black belts red tabs unless they are instructors in the academy, and likewise give purple and brown belts red tabs as they are instructors. So far there is nothing to see here.
    thanks for the reply, was interested about the red bar more than anything

Topic Review

Hi guys,

I am a friend of skinnypbjj and I'm new to bullshido (just signed up), so I apologize for not knowing how to post photos directly. Here's what I know:

I came to Colorado Springs in the summer of 2013 as a new BJJ purple belt. Mike Flores was definitely a white belt at the time. I joined a gym in the local area, and had heard that he had recently been kicked out of the same gym for not paying several months of tuition and some other shady behavior.

He then opened a gym sometime in 2015 as a purple belt. He used to claim affiliation under a black belt named Mauro Santos from Garcia Barra. Mauro Santos unfortunately passed away, but there is a post from 7 March 2016 that I found on Mauro Santos's facebook page. I cannot read Portuguese, but the gist of what I'm getting from google translate is that they are disavowing Mike Flores due to self promotion. I have the link and screen captures on my phone. When I tried to post the link I was unable to because I do not have enough points. I've sent all the photos and the link to skinnypbjj; hoping he can post them.

There are photographs on facebook of Mike Flores promoting people as a purple belt in 2015. Now, he has this new affiliation. I don't know anything about INFIGHT/DC Fighters (whether or not it is a legitimate/reputable association in Brazil), but so far this definitely seems like fraudulent behavior from Mike Flores to me. I plan on contacting him later today via the phone number on the DC fighters USA website.

Sorry guys here are the photos I grabbed from my phone. I apologize for not being able to post the link directly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3842.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	17718  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3843.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	17719  

Name:	IMG_3844.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	17720  

Name:	IMG_3845.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	17721  

Name:	IMG_3848.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	17722  

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Use IMGUR.com. free better quality image hosting (compared to our attachment system which compresses the hell out of images).
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Fishiness in the Colorado Springs Area

Attempted to merge with my thread in MAB as I think this is a much better avenue for discussion. Please see below info

Just wondering what's going on with Mike Flores, "BJJ Brown Belt" that runs DC Fighters/Infight Jiu-Jitsu USA BJJ in Colorado Springs. This picture has me and a lot of my cohorts confused. Never seen a legit BJJ belt "other than black" with a red background for stripes. Hence, our confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ansonpark View Post
    Hi guys,

I am a friend of skinnypbjj and I'm new to bullshido (just signed up), so I apologize for not knowing how to post photos directly. Here's what I know:

I came to Colorado Springs in the summer of 2013 as a new BJJ purple belt. Mike Flores was definitely a white belt at the time. I joined a gym in the local area, and had heard that he had recently been kicked out of the same gym for not paying several months of tuition and some other shady behavior.

He then opened a gym sometime in 2015 as a purple belt. He used to claim affiliation under a black belt named Mauro Santos from Garcia Barra. Mauro Santos unfortunately passed away, but there is a post from 7 March 2016 that I found on Mauro Santos's facebook page. I cannot read Portuguese, but the gist of what I'm getting from google translate is that they are disavowing Mike Flores due to self promotion. I have the link and screen captures on my phone. When I tried to post the link I was unable to because I do not have enough points. I've sent all the photos and the link to skinnypbjj; hoping he can post them.

There are photographs on facebook of Mike Flores promoting people as a purple belt in 2015. Now, he has this new affiliation. I don't know anything about INFIGHT/DC Fighters (whether or not it is a legitimate/reputable association in Brazil), but so far this definitely seems like fraudulent behavior from Mike Flores to me. I plan on contacting him later today via the phone number on the DC fighters USA website.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

little more evidence associated with the fishiness
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Skinny, I moved your post from here to the MABS thread. We generally frown on having multiple copies of the exact same subject matter - we all participate in all the threads, more or less, so all a duplicate thread does is to fragment information. Also, this is not really appropriate subject matter for AdGrap, as jnp pointed out, before.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last