Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

BJJ Brown/Red Belts?

Just wondering what's going on with Mike Flores, "BJJ Brown Belt" that runs DC Fighters/Infight Jiu-Jitsu USA BJJ in Colorado Springs. This picture has me and a lot of my cohorts confused. Never seen a legit BJJ belt "other than black" with a red background for stripes. Hence, our confusion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	17716  

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Hi, skinny, thanks for dropping this here. I know we chatted briefly on FB, this may not survive MABS (which, not having the story, is where I told you to put it), but either way you'll get some answers.

can you move to the grappling forum?

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnypbjj View Post
    can you move to the grappling forum?
    That sounds best, at least if you want serious discussion. YMAS (were most MABS threads get defaulted) will get you more attention but it is highly likely to drift into off topic discussion.

It seems like you are somewhat on the ball and have some sort of an idea what you are talking about, so I am gonna let it sit till the morning and see if the late night or AM crews know anything.

What else do you know about this dude?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    all things in Moderation
    I got bored ...

You talking about these guys?
    https://www.dcfightersusa.com/about

I don't see anything about their instructors or program specifics, or videos... or photos. Which is always a red flag... not so much the lack of media but the lack of information available on Mike and anyone else who is teaching or what they are teaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by website
    JIU-JITSU JUDO MUAY-THAI
    and that it is all that is under programs
    https://www.dcfightersusa.com/programs

If anyone cares could you grab any photos off https://www.facebook.com/DCFightersUSA/ albums? I don't bookface but I am pretty sure there is more gold in them their hills based on the lack of more "permanent" stuff on their site.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Just wondering what's going on with Mike Flores, "BJJ Brown Belt" that runs DC Fighters/Infight Jiu-Jitsu USA BJJ in Colorado Springs. This picture has me and a lot of my cohorts confused. Never seen a legit BJJ belt "other than black" with a red background for stripes. Hence, our confusion.
    This was discussed around the webs I think 5 or so years ago. There is no real consensus on the use of the red bar on BJJ belts. Some places saw it as a designation of an instructor.

okay, here's an example from about 8 years ago now:
    http://www.jiujitsuforums.com/board/...on-color-belts

It has become less of an occurrence as the prevalence of BJJ black belts has increased over the years.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Okay, to help clear this up - the quote that accompanies this pic on the facebook page:

Congratulations to Alyssa Flores on her Red Instructors Tab!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    In Atos we use red tabs to identify instructors. While people may start instructing as low as blue belt level, from purple belt and above instructors(i.e. those trusted by the club owner and/or Andre Galvao to accurately teach and coach) have a red tab. My understanding was that it was a Brazilian thing at least that is what Andre Galvao and my own coach Fabio Shukman have told me.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

have you asked mike flores to answer this or any other question you may have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    have you asked mike flores to answer this or any other question you may have?
    ill say that anyone that I know in the Colorado Springs area does not talk to Mike Flores when it comes to BJJ *hint hint*

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last