Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Sound Off

  1. #11
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,228
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    what about you?
    Strangely enough this is unanswered in the other thread by skinnybjj as well.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  2. #12
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    6,644
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Strangely enough this is unanswered in the other thread by skinnybjj as well.
    Skinny and I interacted on Facebook ahead of this thread. From what I can tell, he's currently pretty far from COSprings. Unfortunately, I have a personal tic about confidentiality, he hasn't given me any reason to call him out, nor to divulge his PII. I'm saying that the question about where he currently trains is probably not as important as you think. But, I have been wrong, in the past.

    (edit) this is probably better for the other thread, but I already dropped it here. Oh, well.

  3. #13
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,228
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Skinny and I interacted on Facebook ahead of this thread. From what I can tell, he's currently pretty far from COSprings. Unfortunately, I have a personal tic about confidentiality, he hasn't given me any reason to call him out, nor to divulge his PII. I'm saying that the question about where he currently trains is probably not as important as you think. But, I have been wrong, in the past.

    (edit) this is probably better for the other thread, but I already dropped it here. Oh, well.
    I am 100% with on you on this actually. I just think it is funny that the poster was all "show me yours" and then ducked out. There is nothing wrong with being a student or even an instructor at one school and having questions about a competitor's rank or abilities. If it is that way, just say so. It avoids the illusion of fuckery.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  4. #14
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    6,644
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I am 100% with on you on this actually. I just think it is funny that the poster was all "show me yours" and then ducked out. There is nothing wrong with being a student or even an instructor at one school and having questions about a competitor's rank or abilities. If it is that way, just say so. It avoids the illusion of fuckery.
    Let's just say, if I'm right, he's on a completely different time schedule than us. Give the man time to answer.

  5. #15
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,228
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Let's just say, if I'm right, he's on a completely different time schedule than us. Give the man time to answer.
    I was just about to add ... "not to mention it is getting late in some areas and some people like to sleep" after noting the time he skinny last posted.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  6. #16
    cualltaigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,913
    Style
    BJJ, MMA
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnypbjj View Post
    Wheres everyone training at these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Skinny and I interacted on Facebook ahead of this thread. From what I can tell, he's currently pretty far from COSprings. Unfortunately, I have a personal tic about confidentiality, he hasn't given me any reason to call him out, nor to divulge his PII. I'm saying that the question about where he currently trains is probably not as important as you think. But, I have been wrong, in the past.

    (edit) this is probably better for the other thread, but I already dropped it here. Oh, well.
    For the purposes of the MABS thread, i think it is important in terms of identifying his motivations for starting the thread/investigations. He has already stated his friendship with poster ansonpark who has a potential conflict of interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by ansonpark View Post
    Hi guys,

    I am a friend of skinnypbjj and I'm new to bullshido (just signed up), so I apologize for not knowing how to post photos directly. Here's what I know:

    I came to Colorado Springs in the summer of 2013 as a new BJJ purple belt. Mike Flores was definitely a white belt at the time. I joined a gym in the local area, and had heard that he had recently been kicked out of the same gym for not paying several months of tuition and some other shady behavior.
    I think by putting on the table any conflicts of interest or possible biases, it allows a sceptical reader to read the thread being wary of any potential confirmation bias or slanted interpretation (whether intentional or not). And as BFM mentioned, by having these laid out it strengthens the credibility of the investigation.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12
    Style
    Boxing/BJJ
    I'm late to this but I'm new here so please forgive.
    I used to train at Royce Gracie academy of Michigan until some unfortunate personal and financial issues caused me to stop. For now I'm doing the whole getting punched in the face by my friends training thing until I can either find a good place I can afford ir get enough money to go back to the AoM

  8. #18
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,574
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    I train at the ball park. All of the clubs/gyms we were stickfighting at asked us to leave due to insurance issues. Who knew?
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    47
    Style
    Judo
    0
    Castlefield YMCA in Manchester. Good judo and wrestling clubs, plus the gym has a squat rack that nobody else seems to use.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in