Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT

CN space station expected crash somewhere on the planet, sometime

It's almost that vague. Somewhere between 45N and 45S latitudes, which includes pretty much the entire population of Earth. But, don't worry, it's expected to mostly burn up, so the chances of you becoming one with a giant smoldering crater are pretty much 0. I'd stay off the oceans, though, there's a much bigger chance of a splash than a crash.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...h-within-weeks

Style
    Grapple
    Why are they going to just let it fall?

Surely they should be doing something.
    King without a crown

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    Why are they going to just let it fall?Surely they should be doing something.
    DO SOMETHING ! THINK OF THE CHILDREN !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Jacket wrestling
    49 and change up here. Send your women and children, we'll keep them safe and warm for you.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    So it’ll land somewhere in the middle two-thirds of the planet sometime in a three week span. But we’ll only know for sure after it happens...

Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Aerospace warned that the space station might be carrying a highly toxic and corrosive fuel called hydrazine on board.
    The Tiangong-1 or Heavenly Palace lab was launched in 2011 and described as a “potent political symbol” of China – part of a scientific push to become a space superpower.
    This lab is going to demonstrate that we are a space superpower!!!!! RAW!!!!!!!

We lost control of it, don't know when or where it's going to hit, and it may be filled with toxic gas, but we are not sure.......SUPERPOWER!!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    It's almost that vague. Somewhere between 45N and 45S latitudes, which includes pretty much the entire population of Earth. But, don't worry, it's expected to mostly burn up, so the chances of you becoming one with a giant smoldering crater are pretty much 0. I'd stay off the oceans, though, there's a much bigger chance of a splash than a crash.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...h-within-weeks
    I don't believe that for a split second. They should have a much better idea. They have to have a better idea if they know its current location and speed. They may not know if it will break up completely but they know when and where it will start hitting the transition.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I don't believe that for a split second. They should have a much better idea. They have to have a better idea if they know its current location and speed. They may not know if it will break up completely but they know when and where it will start hitting the transition.
    I think that's why it's newsworthy, right now, it's hit the transition. Look at the altitude graph, the "space weather," is no longer keeping this thing aloft. What they don't know is how other environmental factors will affect the trajectory (when it will move to freefall status). ESA thinks it's sometime in April, that's the closest estimate I could find.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Also article (OP) was first posted October 13 2017 then reposted again yesterday with very little change in content.

American sources (space.com) put this out this out on the 3rd of this month but are still using the ESA's location estimate and I still don't believe it.
    "China's Big Space Lab May Fall to Earth This Month"
    https://www.space.com/39862-china-ti...-estimate.html
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 1 of 3 123 Last