Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

UFC 222: Cyborg vs. Kunitskaya

Another UFC weekend and don't forget Bellator they have an event also Friday. Wow I'm interested in about 97% of this card lots of faces I haven't seen in awhile here's the line up.

Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Women's Featherweight Cris Cyborg (c) vs. Yana Kunitskaya [a]
    Featherweight Frankie Edgar vs. Brian Ortega
    Bantamweight Sean O’Malley vs. Andre Soukhamthath
    Heavyweight Stefan Struve vs. Andrei Arlovski
    Women's Bantamweight Cat Zingano vs. Ketlen Vieira
    Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Women's Strawweight Ashley Yoder vs. Mackenzie Dern
    Lightweight Beneil Dariush vs. Alexander Hernandez
    Bantamweight John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz
    Middleweight C. B. Dollaway vs. Hector Lombard
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Welterweight Mike Pyle vs. Zak Ottow
    Bantamweight Bryan Caraway vs. Cody Stamann
    Light Heavyweight Jordan Johnson vs. Adam Milstead
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    MMA
    Wish Mackenzie Dern was on the poster...just saying

Style
    Kendo
    Kunitskaya lost to Tonya Evinger. How is she fighting for a belt in her debut match? Maybe they could just hang a heavy bag in the cage for Cyborg, it would be about as competitive.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Kunitskaya lost to Tonya Evinger. How is she fighting for a belt in her debut match? Maybe they could just hang a heavy bag in the cage for Cyborg, it would be about as competitive.

"Beauty and the beast" always sells, esp for WMMA.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Yeah it's my boy Frankie about to put in the work. Show the young'n how it's done.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 3/02/2018 2:31pm at .
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Pumping iron
    SPOLER ALERT

Kunitskaya looked like she had ZERO striking skills, I mean not even an idea of how to defend against punches. She didn't belong in the cage with Cyborg. Watching her take those shots during stand up made me cringe. Watching her take shots in general made me cringe even more. WMMA is not for me.

Struve/Arlovski was plain sad to watch. To be fair, they were well matched.

Frankie... I sense his career is coming to an end. The guy has been in the game for a long time now. This ride doesn't last forever.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    MMA
    Yea that was brutal, but the other WMMA bouts were alright. Big decisions, Dern tried to show she wasn't afraid to strike even though she ate some shots, and Viera with those takedowns!

Sadly, that's the fight game for Frankie. Props to both of them though

Style
    Pumping iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Frankie... I sense his career is coming to an end. The guy has been in the game for a long time now. This ride doesn't last forever.
    First fight in 2005, fought Penn in 2010.

Dude's been a pro fighter for 13 years now. The last 8 of which have been against top tier fighters!

Style
    Pumping iron
    I figured out why Cyborg vs Kunitskaya was so cringeworthy: It was too close a resemblance of a man beating up a helpless woman.

I mean J H Christ, look at this visage:

Cyborg was never one to win a beauty pageant, but all the steroid abuse makes her look like a bodybuilder tranny, with appropriate makeup to boot.

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    For those who missed the event.

https://www.mma-core.com/search/videos/UFC_222/page/4

Johnson wins is 3 round war nice action all the way through. Staman best Caraway after a 3 round war oh well at least he has Meisha Tates butt for consolation. Ottow gets the stoppage smother with punches and never let up nice. Dolloway takes it after the old Lombard the bully of the gym comes back man that guy has been a waste since his first year out of Bellator. Dodson takes it after two kicks to the noots I think that's what swayed the judges. Hernandez with the stoppage he was all over Dariush from the second the match started. Looking at Dariush makes me want to focus on speed more. Dern the oh yeah she's Brazilian chick takes her first UFC match. She's come a long way since the AxsTv minor leagues. Watch the main later but so far so good.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last