Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Barre Fighting

Get out yer wallets!

Soon you'l be able to learn teh deadly, massage and bonsai -- just like Daniel-san did.

Pony up bullies!

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by HarshMallow View Post

Soon you'l be able to learn teh deadly, massage and bonsai -- just like Daniel-san did.

Pony up bullies!
    That was awful. Curse be on you for making me watch that. Dude needs to learn teleprompter-fu before he gets a dime from me.

Style
    Bjj, mma
    I dont see anything wrong with this. The ‘technique of the month’ may be bullshit (or legit) but essentially all hes offering is to sell you videos (im assuming made by him) on different japanese cultural arts. Even if the martial arts stuff is a low percentage technique hes not actually teaching you. Its a demonstration, if you want learn the stuff you’ll need to practise. Hypothetically its a defence against a punch, if you didnt practise what you saw then its kind of your fault if it doesnt work regardless if its a solid technique or not.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Was that a Kippah?
    I mean I am not judging... but is seems weird hearing about Shiatsu from a guy with a beard and a kippah.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with this. The ‘technique of the month’ may be bullshit (or legit) but essentially all hes offering is to sell you videos (im assuming made by him) on different japanese cultural arts. Even if the martial arts stuff is a low percentage technique hes not actually teaching you. Its a demonstration, if you want learn the stuff you’ll need to practise. Hypothetically its a defence against a punch, if you didnt practise what you saw then its kind of your fault if it doesnt work regardless if its a solid technique or not.

If it's not a solid technique, practice ain't gonna help. Why blame the practitioner?

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Was that a Kippah?
    I mean I am not judging... but is seems weird hearing about Shiatsu from a guy with a beard and a kippah.
    I think in Islam it is referred to as a Taqiyah. It would have been hilarious for someone who's gone so far as to adopt an islamic name which is a combination of Islam's greatest warrior and greatest prophet to then be adorned with Islam's greatest religious rival's party-wear.

Also, oh dear:
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    I think in Islam it is referred to as a Taqiyah. It would have been hilarious for someone who's gone so far as to adopt an islamic name which is a combination of Islam's greatest warrior and greatest prophet to then be adorned with Islam's greatest religious rival's party-wear.
    I totally didn't catch it was an Islamic name. Good thing I never pretend to know what hell I am talking about when I don't.
    Thank you for fixing some ignorance

... I think my point still stands tho, shiatsu from a guy with a beard and Taqiyah? What a wonderfully weird world we live in.

Also, oh dear:
    Oh dear indeed ... I can't even make it four minutes into that video.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    At least he could have some awesome gimmick martial arts moves to market if he teaches wearing that.

"Behold, the Taqiyah slammer!"

Style
    Jits
    This guy has been discussed before. In internal power/strenght/whatever threads IIRC.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    This guy has been discussed before. In internal power/strenght/whatever threads IIRC.
    Here https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...=1#post2873548 is one place I can find his mention. BKR mentions him again here https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...=1#post2833651 . It appears that he has been through a few name changes.

Strangely and funnily enough there is evidence that I have seen this douche canoe's videos before. I must have blocked it out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 1 of 2 12 Last