Page 74 of 87 First ... 246470717273747576777884 ... Last
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Cruz was indicted Wednesday, and is facing the death penalty. His attorney offered a Guilty plea if the death penalty is off the table.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...042628333.html
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Cruz was indicted Wednesday, and is facing the death penalty. His attorney offered a Guilty plea if the death penalty is off the table.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...042628333.html
    If I were them, I would tell him to get bent and reject the plea.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    It's Florida, so that may well happen.

That was the State that fried Ted Bundy.
    "Oh my God. What a bunch of pussies! Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face. There was honor, respect." -Sensei Johnny Lawrence, on cyberbullying

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Imagine trying to get a jury...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Imagine trying to get a jury...
    Impossible to get an jury that hasn't heard about this.
    He already plead guilty. It's cheaper to do life without parole. Lock him up and throw away the key. Revenge is for the living. Those young people don't get any less dead if he's breathing or not. It's just a waste of money to even have a trial imo.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Why throw good money after bad? Solitary is worse than death.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    He already plead guilty. It's cheaper to do life without parole. Lock him up and throw away the key. Revenge is for the living. Those young people don't get any less dead if he's breathing or not. It's just a waste of money to even have a trial imo.
    Give him all the trials he's entitled to, because Timely Justice Act (2013). 7 months is a lot more cost effective than 30+ years on death row, which was effectively a life sentence, anyway. Except, that it was cruel and unusual punishment to keep them around that long: https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/time-death-row Combine that with now Florida has to have a supermajority of jury to sentence executions (I think that was in the same bill, or maybe in the same year different bill). Not unanimous, but way better than it was, historically.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Cop who didn't enter Florida school during shooting apparently lied about thinking gunshots outside

The former school resource deputy who stayed outside a Florida high school during a mass shooting appeared to know the shots were coming from inside the building, despite stating he thought they were outside.

The Broward County Sheriff’s Department released internal radio dispatches from the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland that revealed former Deputy Scot Peterson saying the gunfire was coming from “inside,” the Miami Herald reported.

“Do not approach the 12 or 1300 building, stay at least 500 feet away,” Peterson was heard saying over the radio.

Peterson previously stated he believed the gunshots were coming from outside the school, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

"Be advised we have possible, could be firecrackers, I think we have shots fired, possible shots fired," Peterson told dispatchers.

Investigators said later he took up a position near the building and remained there for several minutes. His subsequent transmissions focus on getting nearby streets and the school shut down and keeping deputies away from the building.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel has said Peterson should have charged into the building and killed Cruz. Peterson, who has denied wrongdoing, retired rather than accept a suspension and investigation.

The sheriff’s office calls on deputies to “engage an active shooter and eliminate the threat.”

When it became known that Peterson had not entered the school during the shooting, President Trump slammed him as a “coward.”

"When it came time to get in there and do something, he didn't have the courage, or something happened," Trump said of Peterson. "He certainly did a poor job. That's the case where somebody was outside, they are trained, they didn't react properly under pressure or they were a coward."

Jeff Bell, Broward County Sheriff’s Office president, said the audio confirms Peterson never went inside the school.

“It certainly backs up that he never went into the school,” Bell said of Peterson. “At one point, he says to keep back 500 feet. Why would he say that?”

The sheriff’s office also released a timeline Thursday of the incident and excerpts of 911 calls that were placed that day.

Source (full story):
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/09...s-outside.html

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    No, he confessed, that's not pleading guilty. His attorney has offered he will plead guilty IF the prosecutor will agree to not seek the death penalty.

I'm not sure what his defense would be if the case were to to go trial. I don't think they could get the confession suppressed.

Self-Defense is obviously out...

Insanity ? Not likely... well, he IS crazy, but he knew what he was doing.

Plead down to second degree murder ? Nope, pre-meditation is pretty obvious in this case.

I'd like to see him fried or pickled, however, getting a fair trial anywhere doesn't seem to be likely given the amount of media coverage.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Give him all the trials he's entitled to, because Timely Justice Act (2013). 7 months is a lot more cost effective than 30+ years on death row, which was effectively a life sentence, anyway. Except, that it was cruel and unusual punishment to keep them around that long: https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/time-death-row Combine that with now Florida has to have a supermajority of jury to sentence executions (I think that was in the same bill, or maybe in the same year different bill). Not unanimous, but way better than it was, historically.
    Has he already waived speedy trial ? I'd be surprised if he doesn't waive, it takes quite a while to prepare for a trial of such magnitude.The State would have to prove all 17 counts beyond a reasonable doubt, however, if the confession isn't suppressed that is strong evidence, obviously. I bet Cruz doesn't even know the names or could ID all the kids he shot. Then there are the survivors and "assault with deadly weapon" or "attempted murder charges". Have those been charged yet ? And then there is that supposed inheritance he may have coming. Restitution to victims...

Page 74 of 87 First ... 246470717273747576777884 ... Last