Page 5 of 7 First 1234567 Last
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Now that we've purged the liquid feces from this thread, how's the diet actually going?
    I started my cut last Monday, and have lost about 4 pounds and an inch off my waist since then. This is, if anything, an alarmingly fast rate of weight loss. I decided to call off the keto diet for now - it was making me goddamn miserable and more of a severe tool than I needed, but I'm still sticking to a fairly low-carb high-fiber plan.
    Oh for fucks sake, it's not binary you dumbasses.

Here:

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    This applies to people too yaknow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_mass

You cannot get something from nothing, or make things "disappear".

In general terms and if nothing else changes, if you are making glucose from gluconeogenesis, that process requires more water than if you were getting your glucose from carbohydrates.

You're simply dehydrating yourself in the beginning by not accommodating that need.

That's part why people often feel like **** too, until they either adapt and/or start drinking more, be it conscious or not.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    This applies to people too yaknow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_mass

You cannot get something from nothing, or make things "disappear".

In general terms and if nothing else changes, if you are making glucose from gluconeogenesis, that process requires more water than if you were getting your glucose from carbohydrates.

You're simply dehydrating yourself in the beginning by not accommodating that need.

That's part why people often feel like **** too, until they either adapt and/or start drinking more, be it conscious or not.
    So you are saying that when I'm on Keto I see more weight loss when I drink 9-14liters of water per day than when I don't? Makes sense.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    That's backwards and the LD50 for water is only like 7l, so I'm not sure that's a great idea under most circumstances.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    That's backwards and the LD50 for water is only like 7l, so I'm not sure that's a great idea under most circumstances.
    Tom Brady would like a word with you ;)

But, CPF is right - too much water, you're washing salt out of your system, which means your body loses the ability to retain water at an extra-cellular level (google:hyponatremia). Doesn't seem like a healthy practice, to me.

Diet shouldn't be something you do to lose weight. It should be a constant. If you're doing something dietary that can't be maintained over long periods of time, it's probably a bad idea.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post

But, CPF is right - too much water, you're washing salt out of your system, which means your body loses the ability to retain water at an extra-cellular level (google:hyponatremia). Doesn't seem like a healthy practice, to me.

Diet shouldn't be something you do to lose weight. It should be a constant. If you're doing something dietary that can't be maintained over long periods of time, it's probably a bad idea.
    This is what I am aiming for. Consistency. And considering this is the first time in my life that I've been cooking regularly for myself, enjoying the food I'm cooking, losing fat while gaining muscle, I think I'm on a winner.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Oh for fucks sake, it's not binary you dumbasses.

Here:

https://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressrelea...man_metabolism I am not sure what those blurry dots are meant to represent but here is Google's best guess and the site associated with it all http://vmh.uni.lu/#home
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Sure... If you guzzle 7l of water at once. The human body has the ability to eliminate 1l of water per hour, on a diuretic diet maintaining hydration levels, especially in a middle eastern nation, typically means a steady intake of water through out the day. Doctor and dietician have both said to drink a minimum of 9l per day. So I'm going to go with the PhD and MD who are familiar with my blood work and other various tests, samples and medical conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post

For your average American drinking as much water as I do probably wouldn't be a healthy practice. Living in Israel though, where the govt puts sodium into everything, including municipal water(32mg per liter), it's not as much of an issue. More important is the replenishment of water into the system.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    The human bodykidneys have the ability to eliminateprocess 1l of water per hour,
    The kidneys filter is rate-limited to about 1L/hr, but in desert environs a good deal of your water loss is not going to be from urination, but from sweat as well as breath (i.e. "insensible loss").

Total daily urination for healthy people is about 1.5L on avg, and only a portion of that is H2O, the rest is waste, urea, etc. It can be a lot lower.

Heavy sweaters and especially athletes sweating in hot environments) happen to be particularly at risk for overdrinking water, because of the kidney's 1L/hr filtration rate.

http://healthyfitnutrition.net/drinking-too-much-water/

https://www.anaesthesiamcq.com/FluidBook/fl3_1.php

Note that the sweat loss is a min, and heavily dependent on daily exercise and ambient temperature. You can easily sweat more than 1L in an hour.
    Components of Daily Obligatory Water Loss

Insensible loss: 800 mls
    Minimal sweat loss: 100 mls
    Faecal loss: 200 mls
    Minimal urine volume to excrete solute load: 500 mls
    Total: 1,600 mls
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/12/2018 12:40pm at .

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Hydration is a funny beast. I think a lot of it comes down to the individual and whilst reccomendations are a good idea, fine tuning through experience should be used.

In desert areas I was told to drink 6 litres per day and I nearly went man down from pissing my salts away. I learned that I could get by comfortably on three and that’s with a lot of exertion.

In humid conditions though I had to push it back up to four or five, six if it was a long day with a similar amount of exertion.

I know some guys that can get by on even less but cream in with a lack of calories or sugar for example.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Page 5 of 7 First 1234567 Last